How long should I keep baby home?
- 02-27-2012, 11:06 AM #17Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2010
We were advised to avoid large crowds for at least the first 30 days. Taking the kid outside was more weather dependent in the first few weeks, but we were told not to go to a church or a mall with a child until they were about 30 days old to avoid contact with strangers (many of whom want to get in close and 'coo-coo' with a new baby).
The other advice, which might not apply on a day like today, is to avoid some of direct sunlight as newborn's can be sunburned quite easily.
But generally speaking, going to a quiet park or for a walk with a newborn is considered ok, and may actually help the mother who is probably wanting to get out of the house a bit.
- By tenten in forum Everything ElseReplies: 5Last Post: 11-01-2011, 04:38 PM
- By Gataloca in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 08-28-2010, 10:17 PM
- By kyojee in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 11Last Post: 03-05-2009, 04:13 PM
- By AG2007 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 5Last Post: 07-26-2007, 08:51 AM
- By armstroe in forum Baby TalkReplies: 4Last Post: 06-22-2004, 03:35 PM