Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PIPS or Greenfield Playgroup??

OlympicMummy is offline Registered User

PIPS or Greenfield Playgroup??

Which is better in terms of teaching structure and environment? I know it's just playgroup but I want something that will make my daughter's and my time worthwhile. Travel time to both from my place is about even.

All inputs welcome. (I need to decide whether to accept PIPS within the week)

TIA.
    Posted via Mobile Device

elle is offline Registered User
    Which PIPS? If the Kowloon branch, I just had a colleage pull her child out of classes there as she thought they were much too expensive for what was offered and the teachers spoke poor English. Have heard much better things about the Parkview location for PIPS.

OlympicMummy is offline Registered User
    Hi elle, sorry for not being clear. I am talking about PIPS Kowloon and Greenfield Long Beach. Thanks for your post.

cookiemonster9 is offline Registered User
    OlympicMummy, my son goes to PIPS Kowloon playgroup and he really enjoys his classes. I'm not really sure who elle was referring to with regards to teachers speaking poor English as both playgroup teachers are English...

Don't know anything about Greenfield.

Gemma is offline Registered User
    I've just withdrawn my toddler from the pips play group. I did not feel it was worth the amount of money they charged. I can only compare them to tutor time as he also attends TT, which in my opinion is more organized and structured, if that is what you are after. Both teachers at pips are native English speaking. I think a lot of it depends on the teacher. You cannot change teachers if you are unhappy with them. I don't know anything about greenfield.

Zergmei is offline Registered User
    I am very happy with Tutortime. My child has tried Anfield but was very disappointed. I have also heard many negative comments about PIPS and greenfield.

wishkiez is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergmei View Post
    I am very happy with Tutortime. My child has tried Anfield but was very disappointed. I have also heard many negative comments about PIPS and greenfield.
    Hi Zergmei

Am about to enrol my son at Greenfield (the new Hang Hau campus). Could you be specific about the negative comments you have heard about Greenfield please? My options are Sunshine House (Clear Water Bay), Boxhill (TKO) and Greenfield. We want to prep my son for wider options for Primary in case he doesn't get into any of the Inter and ESF. The most important factor would be htat he enjoys his time at school though, even if it means he has little choice at P1 level.

fafreak is offline Registered User
    I heard the Greenfield in Long Beach had a bit more of a "local" feel with fewer expats, etc than some of the more int'l schools like PIPS. I don't think that necessarily means anything about the quality of the playgroup but it might be something you consider to be important.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast