Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

TWINS! What should I get when in the UK?

penelope is offline Registered User
    Last thing the stroller in case you like this one, comes into a box that can easily be checked-in on your flight back to HK

whiskey is offline Registered User
    Thanks penelope! I was just wondering - what were your twins sleeping arrangements when they first came back from the hospital? We're trying to work out whether to get cots, moses baskets, etc, keep them in the room with us, etc. Would really welcome any suggestions.

carang is offline Registered User
    just remember, that with airlines cutting back on baggage allowance, it may cost more to buy there and bring back than it would to buy the stuff here...

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Mine started in individual moses baskets in our room. Cheap and worked well for the first 2 months (mine were born very large, normal full term singleton sizes). Then we moved them each in their individual crib in their shared room (we kept our son in a pack and play in our room a little longer since he had severe reflux and ate more frequently; my girl was sleeping 8 hours straight at 8 weeks or so, better to have her do her own thing). At age 1 we separated them into their own room, and they're still in their own room now. We may put my oldest and my twin girl together soon (the twins are boy / girl, very different, all 3 of them). Feel free to pm me with any other questions. Mine are 5 now and in Primary. I had mine in the US though, so slightly different starting position without any full time help (and family in Europe). And don't forget to join MoMs, they do new / pregnant mommy lunches too. There is a mommy lunch (all mommies) scheduled on the 2nd.

penelope is offline Registered User
    My guys were born at 37 weeks 2.4 and 2.6 kg. for the first 2 weeks I think they were in the same Moses basket in our room. Then they went into the same pack and play still in our room untill about 3 or 4 months old when they started sleeping really well.
    From then they shared a room but had a cot each.
    I don't really think they cared to be together in the first 3 months it was just easier for us space wise.
    They only now really starting to "care" for each other. like last night after I put them to bed at 7,I could still ear them giggling at 7.30pm.
    Posted via Mobile Device

KathyKitzis is offline Registered User
    Re sleeping my two came home from the hospital at 35 weeks (born at 32wks) both were 2kg when we got them home and slept in the same cot for 9 months.
    I think they always slept very well because they had each other to snuggle up with. They were sleeping through by 5 months (so like 3month olds) and have always been great sleepers. There were some other twin mums whose kids would disturb each other though so you just have to see what works for them.
    You don't really need too much stuff, a good stroller (We used a bugaboo gecko with the basinet option till they were too big for that- they shared it) and then the Phil and Teds- never had any issues with one wanting to be at the front etc), maybe two bouncers, and a cot at the beginning (or two). We got all our stuff here in HK, the only thing mum brought from Australia was a really good pump which was a lot cheaper then buying it here.
    Try not to freak out too much and as mumto3 said, join the mothers of multiples. It is invaluable to meet other twin mums to get ideas, support and understanding!
    Good luck

maternitynurse is offline Registered User
    hi, I am a Maternity Nurse currently helping a twins mum and recommended to her the website twins.co.uk which has some very good equipment that she uses and finds very helpful.

Twins are double the fun so I wish you all the best fun!
    Professional Maternity Nurse, Breastfeeding & Sleep Consultant, Multiples & PND Carer

whiskey is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much for the advice! Got a feeling I'm going to have a million questions!

I found a cot divider which may work for the first few months -

http://www.twinsuk.co.uk/products/10...s-co-sleeping/

what do you think?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast