Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TWINS! What should I get when in the UK?

whiskey is offline Registered User

TWINS! What should I get when in the UK?

Hi ladies,

I've just found out that I'm expecting twins. Still getting over the shock!

I'm going back to the UK in a couple of weeks and I was wondering - is there anything you would recommend I get in the UK that I can't get in HK/is cheaper than HK?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

carang is offline Registered User
    double strollers!

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Congrats! As a fellow mom of twins I highly recommend Mothers of Multiples of Hong Kong (www.moms-hongkong.com). I didn't have mine here so I never got to buy baby stuff here but plenty of others who can help you!

Don't necessarily agree. If I had them here I would get a Phils & Ted (with the attachment) for the first 18 months and then possibly a second hand MacLaren double and later 2 lightweight singles. MoMs have a classified section too so no need to buy everything brand new, straight away!

whiskey is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the link!

penelope is offline Registered User
    Stroller: I got my city mini double from Boots online.
    I got some accessories as well later on like the rain cover(you ll need it here) and the belly bar wich my twins love since they re about 10 months old .I got them from http://www.thinktwins.com.au/ not cheap but they deliver to HK

It s a GREAT stroller by the way.You need a side by side in my opinion to avoid fights of who gets in front etc. Very easy to drive, as light as a double stroller can be really(appart from the combi ) I m still using it every day and they are 21 months now. I do have as well 2 single maclaren volo that we use if I only take one boy with me and my helper can take the other one.

Baby monitor:the angelcare movement detetector is half the price in UK for example.

I d recommand the baby bjorn babysitter I got mine second hand here in HK but worth checking the price difference.

If you plan on travelling overseas with them when they re very small maybe check the playtex drop in system (bottles and Bags) I know they re available here but when I used them they didnt have the medium teat here.And the slow one is VERY slow. On our first flight with them (they were 1 month old) I would have had to bring 12 bottles on the airplane. With the playtex you just bring 2 bottles some bags and clean teats.

Check the price difference for swaddling blankets like the miracle blanket.Twins love to be swaddled tight reminds them of the tight space in the woomb ;)
    Last edited by penelope; 02-24-2012 at 11:18 AM.

penelope is offline Registered User
    You can order a lot online so that you will have every thing when you arrive in uk: Boots, amazon.uk , mothercare, mamas&papas etc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast