Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cinderella or princess costumes

mumsy is offline Registered User
    Are the costumes found at the markets/lanes good quality or would I be better off ordering online?

The costume is a present for my helper's daughter so I want something that is going to last. I live out in the sticks and it would take me over 1hr to get to Wanchai/Central so I don't want to waste a trip for nothing.

What I'm looking for is the fancier version of the sleeping beauty costume
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sleeping-Bea..._cp_k_h_b_cs_3

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User
    I got a similar one from Stanley market for 150$, but the quality was really cheap, feels like money wasted. If you want to gift it, buy a better quality one. Toysrus in harbour city has a lot of choice and range from 250$ to 400$ depending on the style ans accessories included.
    ELC in prince's building also has good stuff for the same price range, got our latest one from them and happy with the quality.

carang is offline Registered User
    i've bought lots of costumes in stanley, never, ever found the the quality to be bad. i need good quality as i use them in playgroup and they see hundreds of kids every week.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    My daughter has a 2nd hand snow white costume that came from the market street in Wan Chai. It was already pretty "loved" when she inherited it, and my daughter has worn it a LOT. It's starting to fray at the seams a little and I've patched it up once or twice, but I think I'm not going to bother any more. For how much it's been worn though, I think the quality is really great. Not many dresses would have lasted as well as this one has! When I saw the identical dress in Wan Chai, I think it was only selling for about $100.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll take a look in Toysrus first, don't mind paying extra since it's a gift.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I think I bought that EXACT costume from the store on the 19th floor in the Lanes in Central (the Lane closest to the McDonalds). They have a stall opposite the building and you'll see the costumes hanging on the stall. About halfway down on the right is the stall. Think it was $188. It is gorgeous and the quality excellent. Seem to recall it had a brand name on the inside which I recognised. Don't think it was a Disney label but was very close if not the same as the one you sent a link to. I've since bought the Belle and Cinderella versions as gifts and they are also very well made.

mazamarie is offline Registered User
    I would suggest NOT buying them from Toys R Us. My parents got one for my daughter for her birthday last year thinking it would be good quality and it started falling apart the first time it was worn. They paid something like $300 for it. I got one from the markets in Wan Chai and paid $90 and its still in good condition even though its been worn alot.

I have since got some from the shop on the 19th floor in Li Yuen Street East, Central and they are also well used and survived very well.

Ok, thanks for that. The Li Yuen St place sounds good. I will probably visit both places just to compare the quality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast