Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Starbucks at QMH is closing :(

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Starbucks at QMH is closing :(

Just thought I'd let you all know. Big bummer - I can't tell you how often that has saved me on my many many hospital days... they're supposedly opening a Delifrance up there instead...

KathyKitzis is offline Registered User

Tragedy!! I was on bed rest for ten weeks up there and the Starbucks opened after I had been there two weeks. Needless to say I went down to starbucks almost everyday for a break from the maternity ward (in my pink pajamas) and am still addicted to Starbucks! Might have to go up for one for old times sake. Any idea when it is closing Nicole?

I saw a sign there a few weeks ago which said the end of Feb - so I'm assuming it's already closed :( I've had two babies up there, my little one was in NICU for 4 months... I've had more outpatient appointments there than I could count and it's just about the only food I eat up at the hospital so I am quite devastated :(

carang is offline Registered User

when i was living at qmh, i usually had lunch from the cafeteria, which was fairwood, i believe... so, i had a lot of bbq pork rice, which was always ok.

I'm not big on HK cafeteria style food - I can eat it if I must, but don't really enjoy it, generally speaking... now, that's where my hubby got most of HIS meals from when we were up there...

carang is offline Registered User

i'm not fond of it either... but the bbq pork is ok.

banane76 is offline Registered User

I enjoyed the BBQ pork too. Starbucks was GREAT though! The first time I was at QMH, I was in labour for 2 and a half days so hubby went down quite a bit to get caffeine. Then my little one was in special care for a week so we did lots of starbucks runs. The second time we were there, it was a great place to go whilst in labour before actually checking in just in case things slowed down. Very sad for the people that don't get to enjoy that convenience of having a latte at the hospital!