Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

matilda booking - changing doctor

matemate is offline Registered User

matilda booking - changing doctor

we have a confirmed booking in matilda and have paid the deposit. does anyone see any issue if we are now changing doctors? my gut feel says matilda can't retract a booking simply because i bring in someone else, but then again we got the slot through one of their resident doctors.

do you have any experience on this?

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    Unless the new doctor has privileges at the Matilda, my gut feel is that they can rescind the booking. Even if the doctor does have privileges, you may still have your booking rescinded. The resident doctors have a specified number of slots, I believe, and so you wouldn't be able to hold one of their precious spaces.

This is my best guess. I think you should call Matilda Admissions Dept to get the actual scoop.

Sunshinebaby is offline Registered User
    In my case, I did not have a problem keeping my booking at Matilda even though I switched doctors when I was 30 weeks pregnant. However, I had no choice as my doctor lost her delivery privileges at Matilda as she assaulted a midwife ( yes, it was that dramatic). She was a resident doctor there, and I was told I needed to find a doctor who had delivery privileges at Matilda to keep that booking. I was told that since I had already paid the deposit and the booking was in my name, it was not a problem, but please do check directly with Matilda to be safe.

matemate is offline Registered User
    ok answer is that they can rescind the booking (probably allowed somewhere in the fineprint). unfortunately for us the only other acceptable doctor (from my wife's point of view) is not a viable option.

seems we have to stay with our doctor...