Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Another helper's leave question...

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Second what others have said...our helper finishes her contract next month but we've made arrangements for her to take her leave in July which is both better for her and us. If she takes leave in July she'll get a full month of holiday rather than 2 weeks because we'll also be gone and don't see the point of having her be here when we're not. So, she's more than happy to delay her holiday for a few more months to make that happen. We're in the middle of processing her renewal contract right now.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

mumsy is offline Registered User
    We also need to go through the renewal process for the first time. Please can you let me know if I'm missing anything.

1) we need to pick up a pack from Immigration containing the 4 green employment contracts
    2) the contracts have to be notarised by the Philippines Consulate
    3) we submit everything (contracts, forms, proof etc.) to Immigration

4) optional - full medical checkup?

Thanks.

peainpod is offline Registered User
    We just finished renewing our helper's contract. It's actually not due until April but as above posts said, we were allowed to renew up to two months before.

To be honest, my helper got all the paperwork for us but I remember in addition to the four green contracts (which need to be stamped by the Philippine Consulate), we also had a couple of HK Immig forms (including one the helper needs to fill herself).

Just a reminder that since its for renewal with same helper, you do NOT need to submit proof of income or proof of address with the forms.

peainpod is offline Registered User
    No we did not have our helper do a full medical again. You can if you like, but it's not required.

Also my helper asked for leave during Easter and even though i already bought the airticket, she told me they never asked to see it. they just gave her a visa sticker in her passport that says she has conditional one year stay unless she travels within this year, in which case her stay is automatically extended for a second year.

Lubnaaa is offline Registered User
    My helper renewed her visa nov 2015 but she have to visa since she was not going back to her ,but in this July she is going to take her holiday so does she have to go somewhere else again on nov 2016 ?

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubnaaa View Post
    My helper renewed her visa nov 2015 but she have to visa since she was not going back to her ,but in this July she is going to take her holiday so does she have to go somewhere else again on nov 2016 ?
    Hi, she needs to exit 1 time within the first year, and does not need to exit again in November, 2016
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12