Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

help!

tizianad is offline Registered User

help!

Hi everyone,
    I will move with family to Hong Kong in May/June. I'm currently living in Lausanne and this will be certainly a great change for us! I have two kids (2.5y and 11 month) and I really need some advice because I don't know anything about living with kids in HK.
    First of all, we would like our oldest kid to attend Lou pichoun in Stanley but we have more then a chance of living in Happy Valley. Would it be a long daily trip by public transportation means or is it ok?
    please help
    of course any advice on other schools will be welcome!

carang is offline Registered User
    why not the french international school
    happy valley to stanley would be a bit of a trek round-trip everyday. isn't Lou Pichoun just a kindergarten? if so, then you need to think more long term...where will your child go after that, for primary school?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    Wouldn't advise making the daily trip into Stanley from happy valley, unless there is school bus service....the ride is about 20-25mins without traffic (by taxi)...public transportation would take anywhere from 30-45mins and there is no direct bus into Stanley from happy valley, the closest would be a 5 mintage ride away.

The French international school located in happy valley and would be more Prato al in terms of location, and perhaps for ling term purposes too if your family plans on being in HK for more than 2years.

thanks a lot for your help.
    yes, i've already tried to apply at FIS but as you may know they hve a long waiting list, up to 2 years. so i was thinking that lou pichoun would fit until there's a place available in FIS. That could be the only way to learn french and english at the same time. Otherwise you know other good english school in happy valley?

Happy Baby is offline Registered User
    Hi tizianad. Lou Pichoun has a Happy Valley branch. I was just in touch with them re classes. There's two per day. The am class is in French and afternoon is in English. Here's their email address if you want to put your child's name on the wait list. [email protected].

Good luck!

thank you happy baby. that's just what i was going to do. So have you heard good things on Lou Pichoun?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    woodlands has a branch in happy valley - dont know how bad the waitlist is though...if not you could always occupy your kids with activities in and around the causeway bay area which is a nice 15min walk away.

Scroll to top