Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

11 weeks old and is sick!'

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    I use the Japanese made kind of nose sucker...you can buy it from Sogo it's two tubes with one end attached to a container. Better than the traditional ones..a bit of saline and then suck,

bonita is offline Registered User
    I've found this method of bringing phlegm up to nostril for easy suction. It's pretty common in Taiwan. I've tried it and it kind of work. I guess I didn't do the recommended 10 minutes per side. Make sure baby's bum is higher than head. Do it before feed. Cup your hand so that the middle of your palm doesn't touch baby. Pat 10 minutes on each side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChOmR...e_gdata_player

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User
    Thank you all for the advise. I have suck out the mucus by using saline to soften hard ones every morning when she wakes up. After which I give the nasal drop then feed milk. But she refuse to drink milk, instead she drinks water. I give cos afraid of dehydration. It's devastating to see the little one suffer. Her cough is not as frequent now, but even though once in awhile she cough I can hear there are still phlegm in her.

And by looking after her day n night, I'm sick too. Same cough n runny nose. Been wearing mask while I deal with her. Hope both will get well soon as coming sat is her 100 days celebration. Oh dear..

Once again thank u all. Much appreciated.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    I would take her to the doctors to get her chest listened too. It is so easy for the germs to turn into a chest infection especially if you can hear the phlegm. Plus babies can't fight chest infections alone without medication until they are 6 months old!!

papa2b is offline Registered User
    I would definitely take your little one to see a doctor. Our little one, at 7 weeks, developed a runny nose and cough, and like yours he refused to drink. Sometimes the cough was so bad that he ended up vomiting phlegm. Turned out he had RSV and had to stay in hospital to recover for about 10 days.

Read in the paper that there is a surge in RSV cases in children lately so I would definitely take the baby in for a check up.

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User
    Thank you all. Baby had recovered. The last few days before she was fully recovered I almost bring her to the doctor again but was told to give her more water rather keep getting the same medicine. Well indeed the phlegm cleared and she is drinking her milk again.

Once again thank u to all the advise. Appreciated the help.
    God Bless :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12