Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

11 weeks old and is sick!'

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User

11 weeks old and is sick!'

My baby girl is 11 weeks old and suffering from cough and runny nose. Is there anyway I can help to relief her stuffed nose. As for cough there are so much phlegm and with stuffed nose n cough she refused to drink.

There are threads about getting baby Vicks and other stuff like purifier.. Anything suitable for my 11 wk old??

Please help this distressed mum..
    Thank you

AmyH is offline Registered User
    I found with my son, that when he was unwell like that and lying down to sleep he would really struggle with coughing so the doctor advised me to prop his matress up a bit so he was not lying flat. If the baby is in a cot then you can just wedge something under the matress so it slightly slanted rather than horizontal. This helped him a lot.

For the stuffed nose, I was advised to use saline drops to clear his nose but if your little girl has a runny nose then you can use one of thise suction things to clear it out and this helps too.

The look like this : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...NQ1B9Y9A100J37

You can get them from bumps to babes or mothercare or even babies r us I think.

Hopefully this will clear her up so that she is feeding again for you.

good luck.

Thank you AmyH. I will definitely try out the methods mentioned.

Just feel so stressful when I'm so helpless to my baby. Hope she will be well soon.

Once again thank you for the advice.

bonita is offline Registered User
    Put 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil in the baby bath; bring baby into the bathroom running hot shower to get the steam; put a humidifier next to baby's crib; use Madam Pearl's Breath Easy patch; drop saline into nostrils then use suction bulb.

Bonita, eucalyptus oil is suitable for bb this young? N the patch as well? I'm surprised there isn't any medication for the runny nose, other than nasal drop. Her cough isn't improving n each time she cough I feel so helpless. There are so much phlegm built up inside her.

Anyway thank u for the advise.

bonita is offline Registered User
    I used the eucalyptus oil for my son when he was 2 months old. You can put a drop on a tissue & put it next to the crib. As for the patch, the recommended use is to stick it on clothing, I just stuck it to my son's crib.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    Bath in a steamy room will help the phlegm like others have mentioned....those suctn things will help...Ned to do it often though ...did it every two hours when my 7mth old has phlegm and cough. The build up of phlegm leads to the cough, maybe tickle his nose so he will sneeze? Tilt the bed at an angle so he can sleep better...the phlegm will not block his nose, but flow out of the nostril instead.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    Yes steam and saline drops! I also have the nose frida snot sucker which is much more effective than the traditional bulb syringe. Hope your little one feels better soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast