Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Kony 2012!

erina320 is offline Registered User

Kony 2012!

Because it's good to be informed on such things... and to care.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...&v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

sea princess is offline Registered User
    Absolutely erina320. I just had a friend send it to me. It's terribly sad what some children go through in their lifetime.

It's heart breaking.

The shameful part is no country is willing to help the children and families of Uganda because ultimately it doesn't effect them. I would like to think as a global community we will do what it RIGHT, not only what benefits us.

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    There are multiple sides to every story. Make sure you find out about them so you can make informed choices and decisions:
    http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/07/on-kony-2012-2/

Yes Howard I was aware of this before I posted this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17295078 It cannot be argued though that this video is shedding light on an otherwise ignored subject.

I have no remorse in forwarding this information. It never hurts to be reminded that all is not hunky dory in the world.

I think its better to get your news from good and accurate sources instead of ones with agendas.
    The video you have posted is from a tainted organization and it is full of self-serving drivel without giving the problem much needed context.

If you wish to get a better message across, it would be better to pick a better messenger. Invisible Children does not make a good messenger.

Please, if you want to do something to help the people who suffer in Uganda, and anywhere else in the world for that matter, educate yourself on the situation there in ways that go beyond Youtube videos and listening to a bunch of rich white people. Try reading the local news, reading blogs from the area if any are available. Hell even start with the Wikipedia entry or reading the New Internationalist world guide. Don’t allow emotive and snazzily made videos play on your basic humanity. Read, read and then read some more before you go making a mistake and supporting an initiative that could just make things so much worse.
    That quote comes from :
    http://blog.boboshooter.com/2012/03/...-scam-in-2012/

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    For once, (and it actually hurts me to write this ;-)) I agree with Howardcoombs. In this instance, I think he's right. I can't bear these Facebook messages that get forwarded ad infinitum, with everyone jumping on a bandwagon but with so little idea of what's true/what's not/where the message has originally come from/what the agenda of the message maker is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast