Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Icandy apple jogger push chair!

msdover26 is offline Registered User
    tung chung

Question Icandy apple jogger push chair!

Hi guys!

Been browsing and pulling my hair out as to which pram to buy for my little one due in aug. came across the brand Icandy this morning, was wondering if anyone had any experience with the icandy apple??

and does anyone know if it is stocked in hong kong?

pipinhk is offline Registered User
    Tseung Kwan O, NT
    I don't think they're stocked in HK yet but we looked at them in the UK. They're big, and heavy, not great if you're going to be using MTR or in and out of taxis, but great if you're going to be walking a lot!

dongmars is offline Registered User
    My friend's husband works for a facotry that makes Icandy here in Guangdong, China. They have one Icandy. Not sure if was the model you are looking at.
    Perhaps could ask her about it when I see her the next time.

TNT is offline Banned
    Hong Kong
    I had one in Australia for my first child (it is called something different there, but is identical to the iCandy Apple as I saw them when we were living in the UK). It was OK for Australia but I would never get one in Hong Kong for a few reasons; as pipinhk said, they are very big and heavy and not that manoeverable. I had a Phil&Teds when I had my second and it was much better, even with full load of shopping and 2 kids. Also the front wheels on ours used to stick sometimes, usually when you would least expect it, and it could be quite dangerous especially if you were crossing the road as the pram would come to a dead stop. I did some research and found out this was a very common problem with this model - this was over 5 years ago so it could be different now. But I just think it would be too big and awkward in HK even if you live somewhere like DB or Stanley - there are much better options. I liked the fact that the seat was reversible though.

But if i had my time again I would've got the P&T right from the start in Australia however in Hong Kong would go the McLaren Quest which we used for travelling and is still going strong after much battering and lots of use with 2 children. It is light, reclines for sleeping, has relatively good storage for such a small pram, folds easily and quickly for taxis and public transport and is quite easy to manoevere. Not as comfortable a ride as some others but not bad and very practical.

BTW I've never seen an iCandy Apple in HK and I would notice as I used to have one, so suspect you can't get them here.

paulamc is offline Registered User
    United Kingdom
    hi do you know the name of the factory please i need to buy spare parts used on the icandy
    thank you