Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Kindergarten near Island Resort (Chai Wan)

ssolomin is offline Registered User

Kindergarten near Island Resort (Chai Wan)

Hi,

We are living in Island Resort and we just arrived. My older son will be 4 years old in March and he doesn't speak English, nor Chinese. We would like to find some kindergarden for him not very far from IR,

Could you please recommend any kindergarten in the neighbourhood. I suppose it will be a local one because I haven't found any international.
    What do you think about anglo-chinese kindergardens?

Best regards,
    Sergey

vnwlaihk is offline Registered User
    You can have a look at Lingnan Kindergarten, which is located near Island Resort. (the school is located in Wan Chai right now, but will move to Chai wan in the coming Sep.) This school is really good, teachers are very caring; patient and always have a mix of local kids and western kids studied there. really a good choice.

ssolomin is offline Registered User
    Thank you for your comment.

Does it make sense to apply for a couple of kindergartens in Siu Sai wan (in case Lingnan refuses my application) or competition is not so high like for placement in international kindergartens?

Do you know the timeline for lodging application in local kindergartens (deadline)? I haven't found this information on Lingnan's website.

Best regards,
    Sergey

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Many kindergartens have school bus services that go to Island Resort, so you don't really have to limit your search to kindergartens around the area.

For kindergartens around IR, I've heard good things about GarLam. PM me if you need more info; I'd be happy to share our experience (1 year only, though) with the school.

promom is offline Registered User
    Used to live in island resort and went to a lovely school called sea star kindergarten (not exactly sure the english name). extremely good kindergarten. The headmistress even waits outside to greet you in the morning and after school! They have half day or full day. Very low teacher and students ratio. My son only had 10 students in his class. Highly recommended.