Delivery at QMH
- 03-16-2012, 05:34 PM #9
When I registered at QMH, I sent myself a hand addressed envelope with nothing inside and just took that envelope. I did have some old bank statements that went to the same address, but the hand addressed envelope was fine. That was in 2008...
- 03-16-2012, 05:44 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
- Gold Coast
You can also go to a private OB and have them write you a referrral letter explaining the details of the last pregnancy and the reason for your wishes to be at QMH (neo natal unit etc).
I had this done due to complications in my first pregnancy. I was living in new territories and my catchment hospital was tuen mun but my referral letter for PWH was fine and I registered there without any proof of address.
- 03-17-2012, 11:04 PM #11
I've heard that QMH is the most in demand public hospital and the hardest to get into. I know people who have gone to other out of catchment area hospitals at other hospitals, but rarely at QMH unless for specific medical need. I don't know if one instance of preeclampsia would be enough to go to QMH over Pamela Youde. As far as I know, PY still has a NICU which can cater for premature babies - and they would only send the more complicated cases onto QMH. You can try getting a referral letter, but I'm not 100% sure if QMH would accept that as they are really strict on that issue...
- 03-19-2012, 08:41 AM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- hong kong
bank statement is fine for registration at QMH (via Tsan Yuk Hospital) and can be in the name if husband or wife. That's what we've used and no issues...
all the best!
- 04-03-2012, 03:32 PM #13Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
My husband i are expecting our first baby in Nov. We have decided to go to QMH as it's the best hospital in HK in case there is any issues with the labour. However, i am a bit concerned on not able to see one doctor throughout the pregency, does anyone know any good doctor in QMH i can see throughout the whole period?
- By LdeJ in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 31Last Post: 10-09-2012, 02:41 PM
- By HK Foodie in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 11-08-2011, 07:18 PM
- By HemaRaj in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
- By jaetee in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 11-09-2006, 02:24 PM
- By ccooper in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 3Last Post: 08-27-2003, 10:36 AM