Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Headache during pregnancy

Elain98 is offline Registered User

Headache during pregnancy

Hi I'm now 21st week pregnant and have a bad headache that can't be endurable.. Does anyone know the name of the medicine that pregnant woman can take without any worries?
    Posted via Mobile Device

m_c
    m_c is offline Registered User
    You can take panadol but you should really see your doctor about your headache as it could be a sign of something more serious.

satay sue is offline Registered User
    I used to get a migraine if I let my blood sugar get too low - I was working and would sometimes (because busy and not noticing the time) have a late lunch which would then result in a migraine.

carang is offline Registered User
    YES, you MUST get it checked by a doctor. migraines during pregnancy can possibly indicate high blood pressure/pre-ecclampsia. could be very dangerous for you and baby.

so dangerous, that during my first pregnancy, i was hospitalised for the last 6 weeks (delivered early via emergency c-section due to pre-ecclampsia) due to an excruciating migraine headache.

you can buy gel ice-packs at watson's and mannings that you can put in the freezer then onto your head once they are frozen. they seemed to help me a little bit.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I get headaches all the time. When I'm not pregnant/breastfeeding, the most helpful thing is co***ne. Since I didn't want to take that during pregnancy/breastfeeding, things that did help me were a) drink more water - dehydration is one common cause of headaches (and pregnant ladies need more water), b) get more sleep, or c) take a panadol (didn't help THAT much but maybe better than nothing at all)...

qwert12 is offline Registered User
    Acetaminophen (the active ingredient in Panadol) is generally safe to take during pregnancy. Read all the ingredients before you buy though cause they sometimes add caffeine to it..

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    Definitely recommend getting it checked by Dr. asap. My headaches were part of high blood pressure symptoms which can be dangerous for you and the baby, but headaches can be many things.

Good luck!

kewpie is offline Registered User
    My dr prescribed me panadol which is safe. Don't take any ibuprofen, which is unsafe