Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recommendations for antenatal/prenatal classes?

project pea is offline Registered User

Recommendations for antenatal/prenatal classes?

Hi guys, just had my 12 weeks scan today and just wondering if anyone can recommend any good antenatal classes? And when I would need to start booking? Also are they usually attended once a week? Any information would be greatly appreciated, I'm a first time mommy!!

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I went to the antenatal classes at Annerley a few years back. They were good. Not much more information than you'd get from the "What to Expect" book but nice to meet some other mums to be and also good advice for process etc if you are going to a public hospital. I also bought their package deal which, at the time, included some home visits and well baby clinic. The home visits by the midwives after the baby is born were excellent especially for my first baby.

lalligirl is offline Registered User
    for a natural birth, i found hypnobirthing particularly helpful. i did it at annerley, but i think it's run at other places too. i think you can also do calmbirth in hk now, which, i believe, is similar.

IMIHK is offline Registered User
    Hi project pea, Annerley offers many prenatal classes, they also have the Blooming Bellies event once every couple of months.

IMI offers a free workshop on May 3 that covers pregnancy nutrition, benefits of a natural childbirth, acupuncture and remedies for a healthy pregnancy and efficient labour, emotional wellbeing, and benefits of breastfeeding. You can find out more on this workshop on the "Events" section on this Geobaby website.

claresaunders is offline Registered User
    Hi all, my husband and i moved to HK one year ago and now we are expecting our first baby!!! I have been to see a doctor Catherine yeung not too sure if you have heard of her? I am not too sure exactly what we need to do from here, like do we need to attend antenatal classes etc?

qwert12 is offline Registered User
    If you go through the public hospital system, you can register for antenatal exercises and education classes (only 100HKD per class) that they offer at the hospital. The classes are led by certified physiotherapists, and are pretty good..

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    We took Calmbirth from Kathy Kitzis and really enjoyed the class. It's focus is on the natural birth experience. Good luck with your birth!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    We did classes at Annerley but I also know Yvonne from family zone do them. We did her first aid classes and they are great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast