Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Urine sample for public hospital checkup

TraceyHat is offline Registered User
    Thanks ladies!!!

rani is offline Administrator
    I remember at Tsan Yuk, they told us all to collect our samples in empty 35mm camera rolls. :)
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

EKNG is offline Registered User
    I just started at Tsan Yuk too and last week i just bought a pack of disposable cups from the japan home centre place and waited til i got there to pee and then put it inside a plastic bag. You always have to wait when you get there anyway so there's enough time to do the sample while waiting for your BP and weight measurements to be done. So i suggest the paper cup!

TraceyHat is offline Registered User
    Ok cool, will be great if I don't have to carry my pee around in my habdbag!!! :) Just one last thing; they said I should take the sample in the morning before I eat anything... Does this not really matter then?

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    I did the same as EKNG, just brought my own disposable paper cup. When they ask me for the sample, I would tell them that I just brought my cup. Then they would send me to the bathroom.... I don't think the sample has to be from the first pee of the day.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceyHat View Post
    Ok cool, will be great if I don't have to carry my pee around in my habdbag!!! :) Just one last thing; they said I should take the sample in the morning before I eat anything... Does this not really matter then?
    It can make a SLIGHT difference as the urine from the morning is more concentrated--that's why they ask you to take pregnancy tests in the morning because the HCG will be in a more concentrated form as you've gone many hours without using the toilette. But....this is only really an issue if you're at extreme risk for things like gestational diabetes. Mostly it won't matter at all so don't worry about it. The morning urine is the "most accurate." In the United States they don't start testing your urine until you're something like 6-8-months-pregnant and here they generally do it at every appointment so...
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

charade is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceyHat View Post
    In the private hospital I was also going to - I used to alternative check-ups - they would just give me the strips to pee on with a clear small plastic bag and ask me to put the strip in it after I peed. So I guess wasn't that important that it was a first pee, though maybe first pee is more accurate. I'm guessing most working women would not be carrying their pee around in their bags all day.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by charade View Post
    In the private hospital I was also going to
    Hi Charade, do you have an idea of how much all of the prenatal checks cost privately? Just an approximate.... I can't get insurance so deciding whether to go private and just pay for it for #2. I know the approximate costs of delivery, but not everything leading up to it...

= sorry to hijack the thread TraceyHat...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast