9:00 nap (1-2 hours)
    2:00/3:00 nap (1 hour)
    7:00 bedtime

Now at 14 months:
    7:00am wake up
    Noon nap (2-3 hours)
    8:00 bedtime

erina320 is offline Registered User
    I have to say, I find it comforting to see I'm not the only one being woken up at 6:30 everyday by my youngest. ;-)

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by genkimom View Post
    Just checking what's "average" or "normal". Can you tell me what time (usually):
    1. Your 3-6 month old naps during the day
    2. your 6-12 month old naps during the day
    3. your 12-24 month old naps

At what age did he or she drop morning nap?

Thanks!
    My first child wasn't a good nap taker until he was about 18-months-old. At that time he started taking one nap a day in the afternoon and he's still at it now at 4-years-old. But, we schedule the nap too--it's just a part of the day and has never been optional.

Our daughter wasn't a regular nap taker early on--she kind of slept off-and-on all day--cat naps. She settled into a more solid schedule around 6-8-months-old and she usually takes a nap in the mid-morning for about an hour (10 or 11 am) and then another nap for 2+ hours in the afternoon (2 pm on).

She goes to sleep about 9-10 pm every night and wakes up between 6:30-7:15 am every morning.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

lrpolo is offline Registered User
    My 14 month old daughter had fairly regular naps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and then it was almost like over night, she dropped her morning nap after she turned 1, and now she only has one nap in the day, usually in the early afternoon, which is tricky to try and plan stuff to do around.

peachylin is offline Registered User
    My daughter takes her nap at around 10 or 11 in the morning for 1.5 to 2 hours, then another one at 4 pm for an hour to 1.5. If her nap comes early in the morning, she even steals a cat nap at 2-ish.

Ah thanka, I'm glad to know my daughter isn't the only late sleeper for their age. In fact, mine sleeps between 10 and 11 some nights, which is probably why her naps are long. But maybe, she wants time with Daddy so she stays up late :-) Wake up time is 7am.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

lost is offline Registered User
    My 15 month old sleeps 8pm-7am; naps for an hour around 10, and then 2 hours around 2pm. She dropped her morning nap for a bit a couple of weeks ago so I moved the afternoon nap to 1pm but as Irpolo said, tough to schedule things, particularly in the weekends so her schedule got all messed up that we're back to 2 naps.... Been trying to see how I can get her to sleep in till about 8am so that she can last until 1.30 or 2pm but no luck. Any ideas?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    My 15 month old sleeps 8pm-7am; naps for an hour around 10, and then 2 hours around 2pm. She dropped her morning nap for a bit a couple of weeks ago so I moved the afternoon nap to 1pm but as Irpolo said, tough to schedule things, particularly in the weekends so her schedule got all messed up that we're back to 2 naps.... Been trying to see how I can get her to sleep in till about 8am so that she can last until 1.30 or 2pm but no luck. Any ideas?
    It can be a bit hard with a 15-month-old but that's about the time we started to be more flexible with my son's naps. So, he must take a nap after he eats lunch (around 1-2 pm is when he starts his nap). But, on the weekends it really is impossible to keep to a fixed schedule. So, this is the compromise. Sometimes he doesn't get a nap at all on Saturday or Sunday. He might get a quick snooze on public transport or a 20-30-minute "cat nap" but he doesn't get a regular nap at all on the weekends usually. However, we "throw" him into bed as early as 6 pm on those days. He is already really tired-out from the day and he might be a bit more cranky toward the end of the day but it makes more sense than the struggle and inconvenience of a proper nap on the weekend.

We never really could enforce an early nap with my son (before noon)--especially once he was a year-and-a-half to two-years-old. Instead we focused on solid afternoon naps after lunch most of the time and early bedtimes when needed. I think it works if you stick to it.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

cq000 is offline Registered User
    Good to see most babies wake up around 6 am haha.

Mine (3 and a half months old):
    currently:
    7:30/8 pm - bedtime
    6:30/7 am - wake up
    8:30 - 10:30/11 - nap
    3 - 4/5 - nap

I believe babies can be trained to take longer and more predictable naps if there is a consistent and predictable routine, which is what I'm trying to do now. In a few weeks I hope his sleep times will have two naps at 1.5-2 hour long and he will sleep from 8 to 8 at night!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12