- 04-05-2012, 10:59 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
- hong kong
i am always scared that will happen. my daughter also learned my husbands telephone number at an early age. she woke up screaming the other night because she had a nightmare that we were on the mtr and she got off and the doors shut before i could, and that really got me thinking, because it could so easily happen on a busy mtr where people don't get out of the way. when she was a baby it almost happened because i was pushing the pushchair out of the mtr and the doors closed on my arms. luckily my husband was able to get his shoulder in between the doors and force them open but he ended up pretty bruised - those doors dont like to be opened! ANyway, i told her if that should happen, she should stay exactly where she is and i will come back to get her, but if she is left on then she should get off at the next station and wait on the platform for me to come and get her, and that if anyone tries to help she should tell them they can wait with her, but that she is not to move. is this the right thing to do? does anyone have any other suggestions?
- 04-06-2012, 11:32 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Happy Valley
... is this the right thing to do? does anyone have any other suggestions?
- 04-09-2012, 12:11 AM #11
Thanks to this thread, my daughter now knows my phone number! Not that I'm entirely confident that she would be able to tell a stranger to call me if she got lost, BUT it's better than her not knowing it at least ;) Thanks so much for the reminder!!
- By 2plus in forum Everything ElseReplies: 17Last Post: 10-03-2011, 03:32 PM
- By Kwan in forum EducationReplies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2011, 08:34 PM
- By TheQuasimother in forum Babies Born in 2010Replies: 0Last Post: 12-03-2010, 01:52 PM
- By chillifontain in forum EducationReplies: 2Last Post: 06-26-2006, 10:44 PM
- By odm_post in forum Everything ElseReplies: 2Last Post: 05-29-2006, 09:31 AM