Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thanks to a stranger and a lesson

marie313 is offline Registered User

i am always scared that will happen. my daughter also learned my husbands telephone number at an early age. she woke up screaming the other night because she had a nightmare that we were on the mtr and she got off and the doors shut before i could, and that really got me thinking, because it could so easily happen on a busy mtr where people don't get out of the way. when she was a baby it almost happened because i was pushing the pushchair out of the mtr and the doors closed on my arms. luckily my husband was able to get his shoulder in between the doors and force them open but he ended up pretty bruised - those doors dont like to be opened! ANyway, i told her if that should happen, she should stay exactly where she is and i will come back to get her, but if she is left on then she should get off at the next station and wait on the platform for me to come and get her, and that if anyone tries to help she should tell them they can wait with her, but that she is not to move. is this the right thing to do? does anyone have any other suggestions?

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by marie313 View Post
    i am always scared that will happen.
    No point being scared as it *will* happen. Attribute it to active kids and be prepared for it. Fear wont help you but being prepared will.
    ... is this the right thing to do? does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Thats not a bad solution at all; there are many other ways including teaching the young one the way home. Pick one that is comfortable to both of you so when it does happen you are both equipped so you dont end up panicking.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Thanks to this thread, my daughter now knows my phone number! Not that I'm entirely confident that she would be able to tell a stranger to call me if she got lost, BUT it's better than her not knowing it at least ;) Thanks so much for the reminder!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12