Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stressed out

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User

Stressed out

My 15weeks old baby gal has been screaming and crying whenever is feeding time (formula). It has been so stressful whenever is time for milk. She is happy and been a great one but the recent 1-2 wks we have this problem and we try dream feed her. Cos when she is wide awake she will refuse to have the bottle. All this while she has been drinking from the bottle, never change formula, burp well and just can't figure out what went wrong?
    She can even sleep thru from 10pm-8am without any feed in between. Yet during the day every 4 hours so I'm afraid she is not having enough milk. She has not been putting on much weight! Really stressed out feeding her and see her go thru the agony.

carang is offline Registered User
    perhaps she is having a growth spurt and needs more milk during the day? try feeding her BEFORE she is screaming for it... if you normally feed her every 4 hours, try every 3 hours (of course, with more frequent feedings, she might not drink as much each feed)

JayJay is offline Registered User
    The need to dreamfeed is a common sign of reflux. Take her to a paed to confirm. If it's indeed just reflux, it's easily treated with meds.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    I second carang. Four hours seems a long stretch for feeds for a young baby even when not breastfeeding.

Ureshii3 is offline Registered User
    Sounds like it might be the start of teething when it's hardly visible but sucking (teat/nipple) will hurt for bb? If so, bb tends to fuss more especially in the night.

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User
    Thank you all for the advice. LO is drinking again, with me she prefers to sit/lie on her chair to drink but with helper she wants to be carried. Recently went for vaccination and doc said she is underfed. 4x a day.. I have been following the 4 hourly schedule since birth and she has been following too except she stopped her night feed totally (2x).. So was adviced to try a meal with solid. Any advice on trying out organic cereal? Oh and is bumbo chair good? Or get a proper high chair? Where can I get bumbo in hkg?

evgreen is offline Registered User
    If she's underfed, feed more milk more frequently. It's still a but young for solids and rice cereal really has no nutritional value.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    My children never made it 4 hours, always 2 1/2-3 hours, just smaller quantities. Try not to be too rigid by only looking at the clock, if hungry, feed. Especially if she's going longer at night, she may need more during the day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast