Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

TTC supplies in Hong Kong

poobear222 is offline Registered User

TTC supplies in Hong Kong

During my 2-1/2 years of TTC (and counting), I have done much research for what we need in order to be successful.

I had been ordering my supplies online from US/Canadian websites and that is proving to be very expensive, mostly due to the transportation costs.

So I am launching my own website, to sell supplies for all of us that are TTC in Hong Kong. Since these supplies are health related, trusted brands and legitimacy will be the focus.

Do you think it's a good idea? I want an actual store, but do not have enough time to man it everyday. A website will have to do for now, but if it is a success, it would soon be turned into a store. A place where women can meet, share their experiences and success stories. A safe place... A place where you are understood, etc.

Recommendations on store location?
    Recommendations for stock list? (I already have a ton on my list! =D)

Looking forward to hearing everyone's ideas!

Baby dust to all & don't lose hope!

banane76 is offline Registered User

poobear222 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by banane76 View Post
    What are TTC supplies?
    By TTC supplies, I mean:
    1) vitamins and supplements that help with fertility.
    2) Sperm friendly lubricants
    3) Books on fertility
    4) Gadgets to help monitor cycles (such as BBT thermometers, fertility monitors, etc)
    5) DIY Tests - OPK's, HPT's, etc.
    6) And looking for more recommendations!

Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User
    LOL... i thought you might be selling penises.... sorry all kidding aside, i think if you are ONLY going to sell that, you will have a difficult time. you would need a massive customer base, and really, those are specialty items. i don't think an actual physical shopfront will help you very much, your overhead will be large and you would need to sell a lot of product to make it worthwhile.

the other thing is that anyone going to the public system gets vitamins for next to free, and i believe many women get them from their doctors, so that might not be a big money maker for you.

you might be better off approaching some OBGYNs around town, especially the ones who deal with fertility issues, to see if they would be interested in your products....

to be honest, i think that your idea is just too specific. you need to widen your scope to include all of pregnancy. many women have difficulty with TTC, but i would hazard a guess and say that isn't an issue for most women...BUT pregnancy itself, well, then you open your business up to not only TTC but to the 9-10 months that follow it....

the only problem with that> you end up competing with B2B, Eugene club, etc.

Redestiny is offline Registered User
    I think it would be a great idea. I am buying my supplies from the UK, although the postage costs arn't massive the delivery time is so long!

If you open a shop, I think you will need to cover pregnancy & baby too not just from a business prespective but also to help your customers on their baby journey. I asked 'Bumps to Babes' about TTC supplies and they told me they didn't sell any but they did sell condoms!?!?!?!

Things I would like to see in Hong Kong: Pre Seed, cheap OPK's, cheap HTP's, the Clear Blue fertility monitor.

Let me know if you do launch your website.

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    I have boxes and boxes of OPKs unopened, I fell pregnant after using two boxes, so instead of leaving them sitting around I would like to sell them in cheaper price. Pm me if you are interested. All the best to your TTC!

disturbia is offline Registered User
    Pre seed and good quality of basal thermometer plsss