Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

First time - 6 weeks

Suj
    Suj is offline Registered User

HI girls- i'm having my first too. I'm 20 weeks and a HK resident. Regarding the Hospitals, I don't think they go according to where you live, I think it's where you prefer.
    Dressuphk - I am going to be delivering in Matilda. I suggest you find a doctor immediately, as i've heard the beds are almost full till the month of October (crazy baby boom in HK this year!) I'm seeing Dr. Alexander Doo. he is very good - very nice - and i've felt very comfortable with him. He also lives above Matilda so is totally on-call when the time comes. I'd contact his office which is the Women's Clinic 852-2523-3007 and try to set up an appointment. Tell them you are 5 weeks and want to come in for a check-up AND you'd like to deliver at Matilda. Chances are he can get you a bed there... if you choose him as your doc. Goodluck!!

dressuphk likes this.

dressuphk is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Suj View Post
    HI girls- i'm having my first too. I'm 20 weeks and a HK resident. Regarding the Hospitals, I don't think they go according to where you live, I think it's where you prefer.
    Dressuphk - I am going to be delivering in Matilda. I suggest you find a doctor immediately, as i've heard the beds are almost full till the month of October (crazy baby boom in HK this year!) I'm seeing Dr. Alexander Doo. he is very good - very nice - and i've felt very comfortable with him. He also lives above Matilda so is totally on-call when the time comes. I'd contact his office which is the Women's Clinic 852-2523-3007 and try to set up an appointment. Tell them you are 5 weeks and want to come in for a check-up AND you'd like to deliver at Matilda. Chances are he can get you a bed there... if you choose him as your doc. Goodluck!!
    Thanks Suj,

I just called their clinic... Dr. Doo has been lined up until May... I was told to book my appointment with Dr. Mok (same clinic as Dr. Doo) on 24 April, then she will help me to book hospital after I meet her... anyone know whether Dr. Mok is good? Then it's two weeks later I will be in my 8 weeks, is it too late to get beds in hospital... Anything else I can do to book earlier?

kewpie is offline Registered User

I would suggest looking for another obgyn in the meantime to see if you can get an earlier appt. They should be able to help with booking a hospital. Otherwise you can just chance it and wait for your appt at 8 weeks. Matilda don't take appts until 9 weeks anyway but I heard they are filling up very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by dressuphk View Post
    Thanks Suj,

I just called their clinic... Dr. Doo has been lined up until May... I was told to book my appointment with Dr. Mok (same clinic as Dr. Doo) on 24 April, then she will help me to book hospital after I meet her... anyone know whether Dr. Mok is good? Then it's two weeks later I will be in my 8 weeks, is it too late to get beds in hospital... Anything else I can do to book earlier?

claresaunders is offline Registered User

Hi Jessica, i forgot to tell you the phone numbers...
    Catherine is
    QMH is 2589-2280

claresaunders is offline Registered User

Sorry 25453333

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12