Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

First time - 6 weeks

Kame_kirikiri is offline Registered User

First time - 6 weeks

Dear all,

I found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant first time. I have decided to go to my first prenatal check up in Santorium this week.

I was thinking to go to Queen Mary Hospital for natural delivery. Can anyone advise what was it like when you had it? I know for this year its going to be a baby boom, so will the quality decrease and limited of bed. Or once I secured a bed that be fine, or does it restrict where you live? Currently we are staying in Taikoo does that have problem? As long as I have a HK ID card then I can apply for it?

Can anyone tell me what where your experience in QMH for the delivery, as I dont speak chinese at all.

Any good recommendation on classes to get myself prepared for taking care of the new born?

Many thanks as I am sure I will have more questions to follow up.

claresaunders is offline Registered User
    Hi, i am pretty much in the same situation. I have had my first appointment with Catherine Cheung, i learnt from a website she is quite good. Now i am due to see her again for the first check up but do you know any good doctor in Santorium? I am thinking the same thing as we moved from sydney to HK and i have no idea where to go etc...maybe we can form a group to discuss all that :)

carang is offline Registered User
    i think that tai koo shing falls under Pamela Youde Nethersole Hospital in Chai Wan, NOT QMH.

dressuphk is offline Registered User

Unhappy How to start........ 6 weeks now

Quote Originally Posted by claresaunders View Post
    Hi, i am pretty much in the same situation. I have had my first appointment with Catherine Cheung, i learnt from a website she is quite good. Now i am due to see her again for the first check up but do you know any good doctor in Santorium? I am thinking the same thing as we moved from sydney to HK and i have no idea where to go etc...maybe we can form a group to discuss all that :)
    Me too, almost 5 weeks and 4 days... but I haven't figure out what to do so I am very nervous. I want to go to Matilda, but I heard that I need to find a OBGYN ... no idea what to do actually, would be nice to meet up and chat about things... panicking

p.s. how do I book my first meeting with a doctor? Should I go for the OBGYN who I want for delivery or I can go to any clinic first??

i am quite new to HK so i am not too sure how the district works here. But when i went to see Dr Catherine, she told me because we are in Mid level East on Kennedy Road so we will be going to Queen Mary Hospital. When i called up QMH for appointment, they asked for my address and told me to bring some proof so i guess it means we are okay.

Silly Enough, i have stopped using mobile phone as we are new to HK and we do not have any friends or know many ppl here. So If you want to call me you can reach me at work 21665848 so we can chat to start with. I am thinking about starting to use my mobile once we form a group if it's necessary.

charade is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by dressuphk View Post
    Me too, almost 5 weeks and 4 days... but I haven't figure out what to do so I am very nervous. I want to go to Matilda, but I heard that I need to find a OBGYN ... no idea what to do actually, would be nice to meet up and chat about things... panicking

p.s. how do I book my first meeting with a doctor? Should I go for the OBGYN who I want for delivery or I can go to any clinic first??
    You could do a post with all the specific questions you have and I'm sure people here will help. Also, many previous posts would have covered some of your questions so you could search through the archives. For example, there have been many "private vs. public" posts which will give you a good sense of the pros and cons of both options.

What most people do is choose their ob/gyn and then go with the hospital they deliver at. The HK Island docs will generally deliver at two or three of the hospitals there like Mathilda, Adventist, Sanatorium and Canossa. I'd imagine you could call the hospital or check their website to see which docs deliver there and then choose one of them but just through reading these forums I could figure out. For example, just off the top of my head, Dr. Ghosh and Patrick Chan deliver at Mathilda.

Then you need to just call the clinic and book an appointment with the doctor. The doctor will help you book the hospital. The hospitals get booked up so the earlier you go to the doctor the better, especially for the HK Island hospitals.

If you haven't decided on an ob/gyn, you could call a clinic and ask them to book you in with any ob/gyn. Though generally people do have an idea which ob/gyn they'd like to see.
    dressuphk likes this.

dressuphk is offline Registered User
    Thank you charade, your info is very helpful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast