Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Singapore vs Taipei

mumsy is offline Registered User

Singapore vs Taipei

Planning our holidays and thinking of Singapore sentosa or Taipei.
    If anyone has been to both places, which one did you prefer? Which zoo is better?

I think there are lots of activities in both places for kids, mine are 2yrs & 6yrs..
    My only concern is that my 2yr old gets bad motion sickness, so I need to take that into consideration - flights times, how far do we need to travel from airport, how much travelling from hotel to get to the main sights/play areas.

Any advice recommendations for hotels would be welcome too. Thanks.

canadianinhk is offline Registered User
    We've been to both and enjoy both. We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Sentosa is great for the kids. You can go to the aquarium right there and the Singapore Zoo is really nice but it is very hot. We have been to the Taipei Zoo too and it is nice but older or at least looks older and in need of repair. You still get to see all of the animals though. My son liked both.

When we got to Taipei we stay at the W hotel because we like that it is a bit funky and it is close to at least some attractions. You can walk to the 101 and the Zoo is a quick cab ride.

The ride from the airport to the city is quite long in Taipei and honestly I can't remember in Singapore. Have been there quite a few times and have never noticed. Maybe that means it is not that far...

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User
    Being a Singaporean I will recommend Sg.
    Sentosa you may take a tram from Vivo city or cable car over from Mount faber.
    The zoo is great, there is this water place where kids can play with water so make sure bring extra clothes there. Yeah agree is really hot in sg but is really easy to travel around.
    From Changi Airport, depending where you stay nothing further than half hour in sg!! Such a small island! Is clean and as for your kid that have motion sickness will be better cos u expect traveling time in a cab furthest is half hr. Am not sure about the traveling time in Taipei.
    Anyway which ever u choose, hope u and your family have a great holidays.
    If you need more info may PM me.
    Enjoy n have fun.

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User
    Check out Cathay pacific's promo! Usually they have tickets and hotel's deal. Cos if I go back sg, a SQ tkt will be like 2pax + accommodation for CX tkt. Though I don't need the Htl but still a good deal.
    Check out Oasia near to Novena, next to a mall n 2 stops away from Orchard Road if you don't wanna pay too much for Htl. Otherwise stay along orchard road. All hotels there are great. Hyatt, Marriott, Meritus Mandarin.

Ureshii3 is offline Registered User
    Both r great I'm S'porean and have just been to Taipei last Dec S'pore is so so easy to commute around and public transport is very convenient The longest distance from S'pore east to west is abt 40km and it only takes abt an hour by cab to cover that So commuting within the island itself does not take up much time really Cab drivers are alot nicer vs here, esply if u have kids Hotel choices r plenty Orchard Road & City Hall ones are great, esply if u like to shop Sentosa is definitely recommended for families- clean beaches, Universal Studio, Underwaterworld,& lots more Festive Hotel is family friendly with small gifts, slippers and cool bunk beds for kids(gd for adults too!) The newly renovated Rasa Sentosa by Shangri-la is popular with families with kids too S'pore Zoo is highly recommended with popular animal shows and just next to the Night Safari if u can't get enough of the animals Kids usually also luv the water playground in the kids zone as mentioned above Also, The Botanical Gardens is a great place for picnic & walks and it's free! Bird Park is also a fascinating pl for families with kids

Taipei zoo is nice too but slightly older

Ureshii3 is offline Registered User
    Accidentally sent out last post
    Add on:
    Taipei is a family friendly city and its people is generally courteous and friendly, even the kids we met are generally mild tempered and lovely I cud rest my mind to let my boy play with them without worrying about him being bullied by bigger kids or toys being snatched away Nice for a change from some rude & inconsiderate people here Taipei zoo is also great but slightly older The miniature museum is ok if u have time to spare, my then 22 mo boy was ok with it not over the top thou, maybe he's abit young to appreciate it It's rather convenient to get around the city Night markets r lively & offer lots of snacks We were sick for the first half of the time, other times we went out of Taipei so this is as much as I cud share We like Taipei and will go back again in future It's also one of the popular destinations among S'poreans Enjoy whichever u choose :)