Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

When did your LO sprout their first tooth?

Mini-me is offline Registered User
    My daughter got her first tooth at 11 months, but showed signs of teething way before that!

Newbie_hk is offline Registered User
    My second one had her first tooth around 7.5 months. Although having teeth at certain times looks like a milestone indicative of normal growth, I would be happy to have had my daughter's teeth come out later. She is now 11 months with 3 teeth & a fourth coming out. Let me tell you, it's a pain to breastfeed & she bites me (shoulders, arms legs) when she's teething.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie_hk View Post
    My second one had her first tooth around 7.5 months. Although having teeth at certain times looks like a milestone indicative of normal growth, I would be happy to have had my daughter's teeth come out later. She is now 11 months with 3 teeth & a fourth coming out. Let me tell you, it's a pain to breastfeed & she bites me (shoulders, arms legs) when she's teething.
    My daughter had her bottom two front teeth at around 8-9-months but then she got one of her top front teeth about 2 months ago. She just FINALLY got her other top tooth about a week ago. She is so impressed by the chomping noise she can make when she clicks her teeth together so she's decided to try it out while breastfeeding--she bit me twice today. I took her off the breast both times and gave her a stern "no" which made her cry and whimper a bit (probably mostly because she wasn't able to continue breastfeeding). But, I don't know if she's getting it and it HURTS like heck when they bite! My, oh, my!
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by evgreen View Post
    I hope to have a gummy baby for as long as possible!!

AmyH, 5 teeth in one week must've been rough...
    It wasn't too bad actually. We were in the UK at the time on holidays. With both of my children, when they are unwell at all they just sleep a lot more than normal which is great because they both seem to skip the pain and sleep through it!

Newbie_hk is offline Registered User
    Thanka, my daughter does that chomping noise too! She also enjoys biting a skinful of mummy's flappy arms & wrestling with it like a dog with bone. :-)
    evgreen and thanka2 like this.

catan is offline Registered User
    Wow, what a range. Mine got her first tooth around 6 months, now at almost 10 months she has 6 teeth. Yes, I would prefer not to have so many teeth come out so soon-- more work to clean, not to mention biting during nursing!

catan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyH View Post
    It wasn't too bad actually. We were in the UK at the time on holidays. With both of my children, when they are unwell at all they just sleep a lot more than normal which is great because they both seem to skip the pain and sleep through it!
    Wish my dd was more like your kids! She screamed at night with every tooth so far. Can't say I'm looking forward to the remaining ones.......

Neha is offline Banned
    After 10 months

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast