Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Desperate for advice PLEASE

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    That's v lucky cara. My husband gets depressed if he doesn't see the little man for 24 hours, which sometimes happens if he is super busy. Their bond has grown from strength to strength since our second LO was born. In turn I've felt my bond with him has weakened and that is creating issues with me, but that's a topic for another day :(
    My husand gets to spend time with the children in the mornings and on weekends. He leaves central to get home here (gold coast) at 8pm so arrives in at 8:40 ish. My daughter (2) goes to bed at 7 and my son (7) goes to bed at 7:30 - 8:00 pm. It can be hard on my husband, but on the rare occasions when he gets home early (7 pm) my daughter gets so excited to see him, wont go to bed and knocks her routine!

burrcl is offline Registered User
    Has his diet changed at all over the past 5 months? Reason I mention it is now my son has started proper food, we've discovered he has quite a bad intolerance to cows milk which resulted in him having very bad cramps at night, with him waking up screaming in agony (his father has just recently been diagnosed with the same hence we thought to check for it - had just put it down to teething etc). Since cutting out/changing to goat yoghurt etc, he's been much much better. I'm not sure if it's something that can develop at a later age too. Worth a look if the routine change doesn't help maybe?

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyH View Post
    My husand gets to spend time with the children in the mornings and on weekends. He leaves central to get home here (gold coast) at 8pm so arrives in at 8:40 ish. My daughter (2) goes to bed at 7 and my son (7) goes to bed at 7:30 - 8:00 pm. It can be hard on my husband, but on the rare occasions when he gets home early (7 pm) my daughter gets so excited to see him, wont go to bed and knocks her routine!
    Same here. My husband never sees the children during the week, sometimes in the morning. Never in the evening. It has always been like that. It's not great for my husband but it's what's best for our children. We benefit from the fact that we have well-rested children, at school, in the weekend, at night ...
    AmyH likes this.

charade is offline Registered User
    I don't think 8.30 pm is too late if your son has generally being going to bed at that time and he doesn't seem tired at bedtime. Like me son used to go to bed at 7.30, then 8 and now 8.30 but it's never after 9. But the delay was a natural progression, not us pushing it backward. Both my husband and I get about an hour with him before his bedtime.

You mentioned that your son might be affected by your second baby and that might be something to consider. I'm surprised how sensitive even very young children are to this emotional stuff. My husband went back home for a short trip during Easter and it coincided with the departure of my in-laws who were also visiting. Ever since they left, my son started waking up at night a couple of times crying. But since my husband got back, it's stopped.

Gemma is offline Registered User
    Burrcl, I think it is unlikely to be a diet thing as nothing has changed and he is comforted as soon as someone lies down on the floor next to the bed.

He slept all through the night for the last 2 nights, so fingers crossed!!!!! I would tell him what a good boy he is in the morning for sleeping through the night and not crying. I hope this continues.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Gemma is offline Registered User
    Charade, yes I think your point is very valid. We have pushed forward his bath time and extended his story time without the baby so he gets more time with my husband and I. We read until he lies on his little sofa chair and yawns and then we put him to bed. Hopefully this is also helping.

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I would look up the "gradual withdrawal" method and try that to gently wean him off someone always being in the room. At 20 months my previously brilliant sleeper had a shocking month too so I feel your pain!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123