Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Relocating from London to Hong Kong - Advice Needed Please!!

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    yes, things are more expensive... so are rents, salaries etc... so pretty much what you would expect.

i run two playgroup centres. i know that i couldn't/wouldn't charge "back home" what i charge here...BUT "back home", my rent would be 1/10 of what it is, staff would cost me 1/8-1/10 of what it costs me here....

you are earning HKD here, so you need to remember you are paying HKD. if you continue to compare to what stuff costs "at home" you won't do anything.
    satay sue likes this.

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I think on schools if you like Montessori and are interested in Mandarin for your girls then IMS would be an interesting option and goes up older than many of the traditional kindergartens so would buy you some time on primary options. I think they also have a relatively new campus in Tin Hau which would be close to some nice/affordable places to live. If I was looking I would definitely consider Happy Valley as I think it's a really nice family area and although no MTR with the buses and trams still extremely convenient. I agree with other posters that prices here are a shock, but it is an extremely nice quality of life, particularly given the affordability of childcare with many many expats having live in domestic helpers. Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123