Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Holiday close to HK?

trttrt is offline Registered User

In fact we went during off peak so we spent less than half an hour playing n walking on the beach, though we did get to enjoy the beautiful sights..
    The world's second largest aquarium is in Okinawa and it was awesome! We got to see whale sharks, manta rays and so many other species. It took my breath away, absolutely and I can safely say your kids and you would love it. There was a great dolphin show- free.
    If you visit during January, like I did, you can take a boat out for whale-watching.
    We also visited the pineapple park, where my child got to "drive" her own pineapple cart. It was kind of touristy though.
    We drove to various castle sites/ruins, many being unesco sites. You can consider driving to the hiji waterfalls and some of the capes and cliffs. A lot of information available if you google.
    We also went to the gyokusendo limestone cave at Okinawa world. It was quite a sight and experience! If you have kids that like snakes, there is a snake museum at the same place.
    If you have any interest in beers, I believe you can visit the breweries in Okinawa as well.
    We did a fair bit of shopping at Naha main place, toys r us and American village. My favorite shopping was at the supermarkets though, and I grabbed lots of yummy Japanese strawberries.
    I am not sure if I gave enough information. But you can always google for more.. :)
    As for hotels, you can consider the Marriott and Busena. And my piece of advice is to get a car so you get to see more!

trttrt is offline Registered User

Oh, I forgot to mention there is an outlet mall for the wifey as well, if she likes brands like gucci, Tory burch, ferragamo, etc. For the kids, there were sylvanian families, osh kosh, petit bateau..
    It's pretty big, but if you have been to the outlet malls in US or Europe, I would say don't waste your time. Prices aren't as attractive.

yonge is offline Registered User

I love cruises, but not enough of them sail out of Hong Kong. It's great, because you don't need to keep packing and unpacking to reach different destinations. You can also reserve in advance all your meals at the formal dining room, which is heavenly. We went on the Royal Caribbean to Sanya, Danang and Halong Bay. Approaching Halong Bay from the sea is stunning - nothing like it and completely worth doing it again. We found the staff amazingly child friendly and there were plenty of families traveling together.

davidtc is offline Registered User

Macau .............

Ureshii3 is offline Registered User

The info on Okinawa was so helpful for our trip last xmas, tq very much! My boy a huge dolphin fan loved the dolphin show at the Churaumi Aquarium A pity we cudn't feed the dolphins due to time constraint

Just 1 2 also share abit on this lesser known and smaller waterfall called Todoroki Falls, which is close by Marriot and easily assessible by like 2 mins from the nearest parking area Great for those with young active kids and wish to save time & hassle to enjoy a waterfalls in a fast & simple way

Ureshii3 is offline Registered User

Oh forgot to add: There's a glass bottom boat running from the Busena beach resort for coral fish viewing if u fancy go out to the sea without getting wet It was awesome to be able to do that in winter Definitely look forward to experience Okinawa during summer in future

rani likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12