Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Holiday close to HK?

MammaKatia is offline Registered User

Holiday close to HK?

we're planning a relaxing 3-days trip somewhere at the beache close to Hong Kong. As we don't know Asia well, we'll need your help. Do you know any nice places which are easy reachable from HK (like direct and short flight, etc.)? We've a 10 months old baby. THANKS!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Phuket is an easy one - we've been three times now and are going a fourth time in a couple of weeks!! We also love Singapore, but it's not as "beachy" (although Sentosa could be). There are other places in Vietnam and Malaysia that could be really nice, but not sure which places have direct flights. This coming Phuket trip, we were wanting to go to Cherating in Malaysia but there are no direct flights there. Once you have a layover, the time taken to get there practically doubles. I'd rather go to Bali (5 hr direct flight) than to go somewhere with a layover, when travelling with kids. Even though the distance is further, the travel time is less. And particularly if you're just going for a weekend, it's pointless (in my opinion) to spend two full days travelling for such a short trip...

papahk is offline Registered User

Kota Kinabalu is quick and easy too...look at Magellan Sutera or Pacific, and Shangri La for nice accoms.

jt06 is offline Registered User

I second Phuket. Check out Sunwing Resort which has very baby-friendly facilities.

Bali is great but a bit more pricey.

erina320 is offline Registered User

Cebu, Philippines is also very nice and easy to get to.

bonita is offline Registered User

Shangri-la Rasa Ria in Kota Kinabalu has their own orang-utans, which my daughter enjoyed a lot.

We just came back from Okinawa, Japan, which is just a 2.5-hour direct flight away & extremely kid friendly
    (ramps for stroller, diaper changing facilities and nursing rooms can be found at a lot of places; nursing in public is common; the even have bathroom stalls with a highchair where you can seat your kid while you do your business) It's easy to drive around with English-speaking GPS and all you have to is enter the phone number of your destination. No Japanese needed. They even installed the car seats for us.

trttrt is offline Registered User

I second Okinawa!! It felt like heaven to my hb and I after being in the very child-unfriendly hk for half a year.. I loved everything there! clean, stroller-friendly, nice clean toilets and nurseries, changing stations everywhere, 100 yen shops, great food..
    We stayed at Kota Kinabalu Shangrila rasa ria as well. Got bored after a couple of days, though it is a nice place to just chill out and do nothing. The beach isn't half as pretty as those in Okinawa though!

Biggie is offline Registered User

What else did you do in Okinawa besides beach? And any hotel recommendation?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast