Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Pregnancy Reality

charade is offline Registered User
    Oh the nausea... so glad I am over that FOREVER.

Knowing that it does end after the first trimester - for most women (some have to suffer 9 months of this!) - helps but as you said, it is 3 months. Ask any man to go through 3 months of throwing up and see if he volunteers for round 2...For my son, I had to take antibiotics for an infection on top of the nausea and antibiotics make me sick on a good day. It was a nightmare.

And yeah, I said never again... and well, five months after my son was born got pregnant again! I guess it was good it was an accident because I think I would have delayed having a second baby indefinitely had it not.

I had the same infection when I was pregnant with my daughter but refused to take antibiotics. That made it better... but still, feeling nauseous all the time is not fun. Yup, I love my babies but I hated being pregnant, hated giving birth and don't particularly cherish breastfeeding also. But the babies are worth it.

Newbie_hk is offline Registered User
    We are all masochists aren't we? Despite difficult pregnancies & painful deliveries, we end up having a second child...then perhaps another. Mummies are tough cookies. And it's all worth it when you look at your kids.
    evgreen likes this.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    after the first trimester (i was nauseous for 16 weeks), the rest of my pregnancy was smooth sailing.

my baby bump actually made me feel sexy and my husband thought i was too. oh and the coveted pregnancy 'glow' was a warm welcome after months of feeling like the nausea would never end. cheer up:) lots to look forward to...i would do it again in a heartbeat!

evgreen is offline Registered User
    oh and wait till you can feel your baby kicking...the most magical feeling!

zzsp23 is offline Registered User
    Thanks all for sharing your experiences. They sound much worse than what I've had so far so maybe I'm just being a bit of a wuss. On a brighter note, I seem to be having a good day today, fingers crossed it lasts! Or maybe it's the ginger tabs starting to work..

Evgreen I can't wait for my baby bump! At the moment I just look and feel fat haha. At least I've filled out a bit on top so that's a bonus lol!

Yep. Men definitely get the better end of the stick.
    Posted via Mobile Device

zzsp23 is offline Registered User
    Have first OB appointment on Saturday and the receptionist said we should be able to hear a heartbeat, super excited!
    Posted via Mobile Device

carang is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by evgreen View Post
    oh and wait till you can feel your baby kicking...the most magical feeling!
    until about week 32... when space inside becomes scarcer and then it feels like a football game is being conducted inside your uterus....i remember once, having an ultrasound... the babe decided she'd had enough poking and prodding and gave the wand such a kick, it jumped 6" off of my tummy! everyone in the room jumped a few inches, too!

funny thing... my girl still has an attitude! LOL!

charade is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    funny thing... my girl still has an attitude! LOL!
    Yay for girls with an attitude and the ability to deliver a good kick. May their tribe increase!
    carang likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast