Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Pregnancy Reality

carang is offline Registered User
    she gets it all from her mother, i'm afraid....:D

Okitat is offline Registered User
    Hang in there! It's my first pregnany too and my first trimester was terrible as well, I lost 3kg. Am now in the 19th week and I stopped vomitting about 4 weeks ago and have gained back all the weight lost & more =P So in short, there is light at the end of the tunnel ^__^ try to eat frequent small meals n not be hungry, crackers work well! Good luck!

erina320 is offline Registered User
    Both of my pregnancies were VERY hard too. Agree with Carang on the some women have it hard at different points in pregnancy. For me the first trimester I felt horrid and the rest of the pregnancy I was so incredibly uncomfortable! I kept asking other women "Why didn't anyone tell me pregnancy was SO uncomfortable!?"

We have two kids and I was hoping the second time around would be easier alas it was actually worse so that's it for us. Trust me though when you get to look at the most beautiful person in the world, ie. your baby, for the rest of your life it's all worth it!

zzsp23 is offline Registered User
    Hi Okitat! Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, I see a light at the end of the tunnel but it's such a small light at the moment! (and so many weeks away!)

Crackers and citrus fruits seem to be working best for me, and I definitely agree that eating small amounts constantly seem to be helping.

Good luck with your pregnancy too! Congrats on getting through the hard bit and now you can just enjoy :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

mumtobee is offline Registered User
    i can relate myself to this thread so much.. cant stop crying while reading this(wonder why)
    i tried saltine crackers before my head took off from the pillow in the morning .. now i hate this cracker even more..dint work ;(
    i feel sorry for myself and damn lonely. poor hubby is trying his best to get me up and running..tried lemon juice one day.worked.. next day at work just couldn't look at that bottle..had to run to the washroom every 10 mins.. ended up going to the hospital because of dehydration.. no more lemon juice..mum says she had it throught the pregnancy..:( i am just 9 weeks.. i was hoping i would be very happy cheerful and all positive for my kid.. but i am in the edge and just miserable day by day..:(

charade is offline Registered User
    Welcome to pregnancy, mumtobee. Haha to the can't stop crying... that's typical too :)

The only thing to do is to keep trying and see what works. Have you tried ginger sweets? Miso soup?

And don't think about your mum and her nine months of misery. Just think this will end around 3 months because that's what usually happens and get yourself to that mark. Virtual hugs to you!

carang is offline Registered User
    please, please, PLEASE talk to your doctor asap! there are safe medications that can take the edge off of the nausea. they don't cure it, but they do make it a little more tolerable.

i didn't have meds for my first pregnancy but i did get them for my second one. made life a little easier to manage.

charade is offline Registered User
    Carang, some doctors are strangely reluctant to prescribe this. They just say "that's normal" and if pressed for medication say "it's not advisable". Bah.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast