Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Pregnancy Reality

carang is offline Registered User

if you are becoming dehydrated and malnourished... it is NOT normal.

i lost over 20lbs in the first trimester because i could not keep anything down. i would heave just looking at a recipe!

the mother NEEDS nutrition to provide to her growing baby. not eating for 15 weeks is not proper nutrition.
    my doctor actually got to the point that she told me to eat anything and everything i could actually stomach. which, by week 14 was only roast chicken with mash, and honeydew melon.

charade is offline Registered User

Oh right. I missed the part about dehydration. Surprised they didn't prescribe anything then.

zzsp23 is offline Registered User

Hang in there mumtobee, you're not alone! Im 8 and a bit weeks now and I find i have good days and bad days, but what i've done so far is
    1. Take 50mg Vitamin b6 each day with my folic acid and 1 blackmores ginger tablet.
    2. Cut out my multivitamin on advice from my Ob, to restart when my nausea settles (the iron content can cause nausea)
    3. Eat smaller meals really slowly.
    4. A cup of tea (1 oolong cha tea bag) each morning. I know im not meant to take caffeine but the tea tastes good PLUS i've given up my daily expresso.
    5. Biscuits and fruit. Im sick of crackers but I'm finding I can tolerate Oreos and i think the sugar helps. Oranges apples,bananas and plums have all been okay when I'm hungry and cant stand the smell of cooked food.
    Hope some of this helps you! On Bad Days it seems nothing works but im doggedly sticking to them just in case they can help with more Good Days. Only 4 weeks left til the magic 12 weeks mark and hopefully we'll be back to normal!

If its really bad, i agree with carang that you should definitely see Dr and get some medication.
    Posted via Mobile Device

carang is offline Registered User

8 years on from the initial onset of my morning sickness of my first pregnancy... i still can't stand the smell of thai beef salad... which is too bad, because i remember it being delicious!

as for caffeine: everything in moderation... a little tea, or coffee or even a coke once in a while is ok.

RinkoWingman is offline Registered User

Hi ladies...

Congratulations on the pregnancy, although it doesn't sound like a great adventure for you. But then again.. most great adventures have horror in them.. ;-)
    But I'm lucky.. I'm a guy..so my work is done!
    My wife seems to be lucky too, if I read this. I know she does feel horrible and VERY tired.. and to prevent nausea I feed her freshly squeezed orange juice and a cracker with philadelphia cheese while she's still in bed in the morning.
    That seems to help her nausea a bit. So that's a pointer I can give you.
    Hopefully it helps you as well.

Friends of mine have horror stories like yours or worse (believe me, it IS possible) but they all have two now. Which basically means that after the first 12-14 weeks..things will get so much better that they actually don't mind going through that first part again. And off course .. the price at the end of the pregnancy is so good..

Good luck ladies!

charade is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by RinkoWingman View Post
    Hi ladies...

Which basically means that after the first 12-14 weeks..things will get so much better that they actually don't mind going through that first part again. And off course .. the price at the end of the pregnancy is so good..

Good luck ladies!
    Errr, actually if you want another child and don't want to adopt or use a surrogate you have no choice but to go through with it again, not that you don't mind. I minded very much, having to do it twice over.

But you are right that babies are lovely, and so are husbands that are supportive of their wives during this hard time.
    carang likes this.

FishMama is offline Registered User

I'm glad you started this thread, I have not had a wonderful experience 'being' pregnant. I know that in the end it'll be great . But I agree that they really should tell you that being pregnant isn't as wonderful as it sounds. I'm 11 weeks pregnant now, and up until last week I felt terrible. I felt nauseas for most of the day, then come 6/7pm I'd feel really really sick but never able to be sick. The only things that I could stomach for about 3 weeks was, dry EDO crackers, grapefruit and sausage roll (but only the one from Starbucks). Hopefully I'm at the end of feeling crappy now..
    Good luck everyone else with finding solutions and congrats.

zzsp23 is offline Registered User

Good luck FishMama and hopefully the "end of crappy" has arrived for you!. I thought I was there, then I ended being sick again tonight after a week of feeling "pretty good". Sigh.
    BUT it IS gradually getting better and I'm pretty sure I'm over the worst of it thank goodness!
    Good luck everyone also and thanks for all the stories and advice on this thread!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast