Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Artistic misadventures of a 2 year old!

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by howardcoombs View Post
    I meant to say : She is going to do it again anyway, because thats what kids do...
    But leaving it there would seem to imply to the kid that it is okay to do it again and letting her mark one wall but not others could be confusing and just encourage more marked walls, especially if the child is quite young. I would (and have) dealt with this problem by cleaning it and closely supervising kid with crayons/ markers/ paint and saying "no" anytime she goes near the wall (or any other unapproved for decoration surface) with art materials. She pretty much knows now that its not okay.

Newbie_hk is offline Registered User
    In Japan Home or homeware shops, they sell this white sponge that takes off everything gently. It works like a very very fine buffing sponge that you use to polish/shine your fingernails. You just slice off a bit of the sponge, wet it then gently rub it on the wall. Sorry I don't have the name as it is in Japanese but it is widely sold there. I swear by it & I use it all the time when an odd marker or scratch leave a mark our walls.
    AmyH likes this.

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie_hk View Post
    In Japan Home or homeware shops, they sell this white sponge that takes off everything gently. It works like a very very fine buffing sponge that you use to polish/shine your fingernails. You just slice off a bit of the sponge, wet it then gently rub it on the wall. Sorry I don't have the name as it is in Japanese but it is widely sold there. I swear by it & I use it all the time when an odd marker or scratch leave a mark our walls.
    This sounds like another version of the Magic Eraser that mentioned as it works the same way - so it may be more widely available in HK than I thought, which is good to know.

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by howardcoombs View Post
    I would do something a bit unorthodox :
    Leave it alone and make it her wall. She is going to do it anyway so resist the urge to fix it and let her paint the place to her hearts content. Make sure she knows that is the only wall she should do it with...

When time comes to move out, you can then fix it up.
    I think that if it was in her bedroom, I wouldn't be too bothered by it but it is all over the main wall in the living room! Will have to take a shopping trip on the weekend to buy her an art easel instead!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    You can buy the same kind of thing as Mr Clean from a living plaza shop (used to be called Jusco $10 shop but inflation means that it is now a $12 shop) - it's called a melamine sponge. Exactly the same as Mr Clean but probably much cheaper since it doesn't come from the US.

(edited to add) Sorry - I posted before reading page 2 - what I'm talking about is the same thing as Newbie_HK - they are brilliant for that kind of thing!!
    AmyH likes this.

bonita is offline Registered User
    I've always let my daughter draw on the mirror on my closet door with "bath crayons," the one you can draw on bathtub and tiles then wipe off with damp sponge/towel. They are more washable than crayola.

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Thanks a million for all the helpful advice from everybody.

Toothpaste didn't work for the crayon but I will reember it if she gets near a pen! The hairdryer worked to an extent but due to the very cheap paint on the walls. it is still coming off when I wash it at all so it looks like we will be spending the weekend shopping for an art easel and wall paint!

Leta is offline Registered User
    Hi I like to use this detergent call CIF. It helped me to clean any mark or crayons mark on my cupboards... Not so sure abt wall.. U can try..
    AmyH likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast