- 04-20-2012, 02:16 PM #25Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2008
i swear by cif :)
we invested in a low table and easel from ikea. any drawing/ craft work happens in that area. no tools leave that area too. those were the boundaries drawn for my then 2 year old.
that said, give them a pen/crayon/ brush/ marker they are like magnets to walls. i allocated time daily to do "wall art" with him. i would designate a wall in the home/ corridor and stick massive plain paper or plain cloth on them. stand back, let him choose his poison and watch him go nutters. it was therapeutic process for him as it is for me.
we'd keep the artwork, make cards, coasters, wrapping paper or postcards and send them to friends and family.
with that need to draw on surfaces kind of fulfilled, he didnt feel the urge to draw on any other wall.
Posted via Mobile Device
- By newtothis in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
- By OX Jess in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 6Last Post: 10-06-2010, 12:39 AM
- By dhirsh in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 3Last Post: 07-13-2010, 08:00 AM
- By louischong in forum EducationReplies: 0Last Post: 09-27-2009, 01:34 AM
- By strong in forum Everything ElseReplies: 4Last Post: 12-07-2004, 09:58 AM