Pap Smear Test during 1st check up
- 04-25-2012, 04:54 PM #9
I went to my first appointment yesterday, my OB asked me whether I've done a pap smear before - which I have never done one. She said she will do this test for me after I give birth, since the test will cause bleeding, maybe infection as well making it not a good thing to do while you are pregnant.
However I have actually read in a pregnancy book that this test is useful to detect whether your uterus has some cancer cells that might cause problem for your pregnancy or such risks.
Personally I will not consider doing this while pregnant, but maybe you should listen to your OB instead.mummy mummy hooohooo
- 04-26-2012, 05:07 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2010
- Hong Kong
I'm a bit confused about this also. I do one regularly every 2 years which means I should have one this month, but I'm 17 weeks pregnant. I saw an OB who said it's fine to have it done when pregnant.
However, when I went for my 2nd checkup at Tsan Yuk they said they will do it after I deliver. Will 6 months make a difference?
- By claresaunders in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 04-19-2012, 09:01 AM
- By arleneli in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:35 AM
- By Lucylou in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 03-14-2008, 08:06 PM
- By momo in forum Family HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 04-18-2006, 12:37 PM
- By a_chan in forum Family HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 02-05-2005, 10:40 AM