Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tsan Yuk registration questions

TraceyHat is offline Registered User
    The one appointment will be for the downs ultrasound and blood test. The other will be for an antenatal checkup with a doctor as you only see midwives when doing the registration. Not sure which will be which for you as they are both within the time for downs testing... At Tsan Yuk the one appointment was at the same place as registration, that was the doctors appointment, the ultrasound appointment was on the 3rd floor. Not sure how it works at PMH...

hazel128 is offline Registered User
    11wks is for registration purposes.
    Taking medical, family history and blood samples. No ultrasound will be performed.
    12.3wks if for downs. Will have an ultrasound and taking blood sample for the downs test.
    I'm ftm and also go to PMH.

Sent from my LG-P500 using GeoClicks Mobile

m_c
    m_c is offline Registered User
    Hazel128 is right. One appointment is for the downs syndrom screening (can't remember which block this is in) where they will do blood tests and an ultra sound the other one will be for an antenatal appointment (in block K). I just delivered at PMH at the beginning of April and found them to be great.

First timer is offline Registered User
    Hi m-c, what happens at the antenatal appt?

m_c
    m_c is offline Registered User
    At PMH during your antenatal appointments you will do the following:
    1. Have your urine checked (you need to bring your own sample and the nurse will give you the test stip to dip in it, at PMH if you don't bring your own sample they will give you a TINY paper cup to pee into).
    2. You will check your own BP on the machines (very simple as all you have to do is put your arm in and push a button).
    3. Check your own weight.
    4. Sit down and wait for your name to be called.
    5. Once you name is called you go to the nurses station and give them all the readings that you took during steps 1-3.
    6. Sit down again and wait for your name and what room to sit outside.
    7. At PMH you see a doctor not only a mid-wife who will perform basic check such as checking baby's heart beat. They will also be able to answer any questions that you have and will arrange your next appointment which should be a month later. In your last month of pregnancy you will go every week or 2 weeks.

At your first appointment you also return your medical history form and a midwife fills all this information into your file. At PMH if they find that your pregnancy is low risk you will then be referred to your nearest MCHC and you will have the rest of your antenatal check ups there. If you are considerered high risk then you continue to go to the hospital.

This is how things are done at PMH but I am not sure it this is how it is done at other public hospitals.

HappyHappy is offline Registered User
    How did this discussion change from Tsan Yuk & QMH (Queen Mary Hospital) to PMH (Princess Margaret Hospital)?
    Which hospital are you giving advice on? QMH as the original poster asked or PMh as everyone on page two switched to?
    :) just trying to stay on track with my information gathering... ;)

Rm1
    Rm1 is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    I think the procedure is almost the same at most public hospitals. I went for my first antenatal checkup at Tsan Yuk hosp at 11 weeks ( this was 2 weeks ago). You need to carry along your passport, HKID card, husband's HKID copy, a utility bill and a reference letter from a doctor. The procedure is easy once you get there but be sure to reach on time and you'll have to wait a while for them to attend to you. It's ok to eat something before the appt. as they will do routine blood tests and check weight and blood pressure. You'll also be given a form to fill out if you want to have the screening for downs syndrome done. I had the scan and blood tests for Downs screening done at Tsan Yuk during my first visit. I think the window for the screening begins at 11 weeks so be sure to let them know if you want to test for Downs.

First timer is offline Registered User
    Hi RM1
    Do they give any information as to how much their tests cost? I know it's very inexpensive but just curious...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast