Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

airline suggestions....

Junebugwhite is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    my mum share's the same concern.... that's only one of the reasons that i am hesitant...
    I didn't want to sound like a freak in my previous post, so i did not say that I have an extreme fear of flying, have taking a few courses and done the research on safety, etc.....which was my main reason for saying GO WITH CATHAY...or Korean 2nd choice. :)

carang is offline Registered User
    believe me.... cathay business would be my first choice ;)

sadly, that is completely out of the question... cathay economy is my second choice... but again, i need to figure out if it is worth the extra $10k...

korean, i have flown many times over the years and have never had a problem with them....

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Carang, have you considered Air Canada? Sometimes they offer specials and direct flights to Canada can sometimes only cost around $5000+ for economy round trip. Two years ago, they did a great deal for $3000-something to Vancouver at Christmas! It was offered to Canadian Chamber mbrs and Consulate staff but extended to family and friends (so basically anyone apprised of the deal).

Anyway it's still early days if your trip isn't until Xmas so if you want to wait a bit, there might be something offered over summer. Also I can check with AC for you, if you like.

Thx. at the moment it is sctually cheaper to fly hk- van-seattle....go figure....

Will keep checking ib with them though. thx!
    Posted via Mobile Device

update:
    after extensive research... i think i tried every hk based online agency and a few proper agencies and all of the individual airlines themselves this is what i found/decided.....

priceline.com.hk had the best deal for us.

i was able to book return to vancouver on air canada for $23000 (for all 3 of us). we decided that a little bit of convenience was worth the extra money (didnt think i'd be able to convince hubby of it!), but it was really his decision. i was worried he'd be upset if i didn't choose the cheapest, but he wanted me to fly direct.

the cheapest was still china eastern, but it had a 3.5 hr stopover going (not too bad) and a 5.5 hour stopover coming back(terrible after a 12 hour flight!).

we are all very excited and counting down the days! we just need to hope that daddy will be able to join us for the first 10 days or so....

Congrats, that's a great price!! (given how much ticket prices have gone up.) I agree with your husband, it's definitely worth to spend a bit more for direct.

Just remember that AC now only allows one check-in bag per person for economy. (Last time we had to pay for an extra bag bc we miscalculated and bought too much stuff to bring back to HK.)

We're looking into going home (Vancouver) for Christmas as well. An going to check out the price.com site later.

the other places i checked out had prices ranging from $26000-29000 for the same routing/dates etc.
    so, i am extremely happy with it. our tickets are bought and paid for and now, i just have to start saving spending $.

i know about their baggage allowance, but even at $70CAD per bag extra, it would still be worth it for me to bring stuff back... although, i've heard great things about "wilcan" a logistics company, and i might get a carton to ship home with them.

Just went on Priceline.com and noticed that AC and CX have similar fares (actually CX has lower taxes and surcharges so it comes out cheaper).

Cara, were the prices on the two airlines very different when you booked??

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast