Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Miscarriage - and maternity insurance questions

Kame_kirikiri is offline Registered User

Miscarriage - and maternity insurance questions

I had just found out that have a miscarriage and I am 8 weeks, and this was suppose to be my first child. After reading all some threads, I still cant decide what is the best option whether to take the tablets or do the operations.

I am 30 years old, and I want to have a child, so which is the best method and will not reduce my ability to have another child.

I am planning to take out DRK insurance, and I know that it 8 months waiting list. is this normally no been conceive for 8 months, Or I am be pregrant in 6 months and it will start paying out after 2 months?

Anyone had any experience with DRK? And do they normaly pay out quick and the process is very clear?

I be very grateful if someone can advise.

Thank you.

Flack is offline Registered User

Kirikiri - sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I can't offer any advice on that but might be able to answer your insurance question.

Do you mean DVK insurance? I am insured with them and the 8 month waiting period means that you can fall pregnant anytime within the 8 months and they will pay once the 8 months is up. So if you fell pregnant in 2 months you would pay for all doctors visits yourself up until the waiting period was over and they would pay everything after. There is no need to wait the 8 months before conception.
    I am yet to give birth so can not comment on how fast they pay out, but I have no issues with claims for non pregnancy related issues.
    As far as I am aware though DVK will not cover elective c-sections for any reason. Only vaginal and emergency c sections, so check that carefully if you plan on a c section.

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kame_kirikiri View Post
    I had just found out that have a miscarriage and I am 8 weeks, and this was suppose to be my first child. After reading all some threads, I still cant decide what is the best option whether to take the tablets or do the operations.
    Sorry about your miscarriage. I think the best option is to take the tablets first, since this will trigger your body to expulse the embryo in a more natural way. Note that if your body fails to get rid of the embryo and remaining tissues after you take the tablets, you will still have to go through the D&C procedure to clean everything up.

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned

So sorry about your miscarriage. I have had 4 (also have 2 healthy children) so know it is hard. As well as the tablets or D&C you can also just let your body naturally miscarry. I have used all 3 options and this was my preference - I fell pregnant with my daughter straight away after one natural miscarriage so it didn't affect my fertility. If you have already started bleeding then that is the easiest. With the tablets you may have some side affects which your doctor has hopefully explained. I had one D&C because my miscarriage started the day we were due to move countries and so I needed to get it over with. THat was absolutely fine too, but if I hadn't had the time pressure I would've let it happen naturally.

I totally understand you may prefer one of the other options, but just wanted to let you know that you can just let nature take it's course and it won't affect your fertility. Best of luck with whatever you decide

Kame_kirikiri is offline Registered User

Thank you for all the kind and warm messages. I think most likely I will go for the operations as its 100% that it will take everything out. I am still a bit scared, does it hurts a lots and if so how much pain after the operations, worst than period pain?

In regards to DVK insurance, I believe for most hospital such as Matilda will require an initial deposits. Would think DVK will not issue letter of guarantee until I have finished the 8 months period? So my question. for example I sign the DKV this month within 2 months if I do fall pregrant then even though my due date will be over the 8 months period. I will have to pay for the deposit myself, but will that be refundable? As it will be part of the delivery fee I guess? So how do DVK works then? Will they pay me back that deposit or they deduct from the actual delivery costs? If that the case it be hard to claim back from DKV?

Thank you

Flack is offline Registered User

Yes, if you need to pay the deposit before the 8 month waiting period (20 000HKD) then you will need to pay it out of your own pocket.
    However, when Matilda issue the bill to the insurer it will include the deposit so you will be refunded it after the birth.
    I don't know how long it will take to get back as I've not had the baby yet. If you talk to Matilda they might be able to tell you.