Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Any Enopi center in Tung Chung?

pinkymommy is offline Registered User

Any Enopi center in Tung Chung?

Hi,

I just moved to Tung Chung. I heard that there is an Enopi center here but I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is? My child really likes Enopi so I need to find it.

Thanks.

davidtc is offline Registered User
    It used to be ground floor Coastal Skyline commercial space. It is thee no more.

I was at Caribbean Square and found that they are opening a new one there in June! Sooooo good! My kids love Enopi. They have lots of fun while they learn math there!

Looks like the enopi centre is finally open! They have some discount but need 2 kids to join at the same time. Does anyone want to join with me ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

papa2b is offline Registered User
    What are people's view's in terms of the difference between Kumon and E.Nopi? I have a 3 year old and i'm considering to add either the Math or English class to her weekly activity.

Pinkymommy, I've sent you a private message. Thanks.

replied to you papa2b.

I am very much against Kumon. It's the worst way you can learn anything. Perhaps this was the popular way for Hong Kong tutors but I would not subject my kid to that style. Enopi is a lot more flexible and encourages students to learn concepts instead of memorization. I am not joking but I have friends' kids crying because they hate Kumon so much. A few of those kids switched to Enopi and loved it.

Having said that, may be you can try both to see which style suits your kid.

zenmaster is offline Registered User
    Hello,

I have to completely disagree. Kumon is not "the worst way to learn anything." Far from it. Kumon is excellent for kids' math skills. The most important thing about Kumon is it engenders good work habits and self-learning. I looked into Enopi and it seems like it's just a once a week class with very little homework. That doesn't help their work ethic at all.

We started our child with Kumon at 3 years old, partly to help develop his motor skills by writing every day and partly to get him early on the path to math literacy. At 5 years old, he is now a math pro, doing his Kumon every day without complaint, and enjoying his class time there once weekly. He gets his own work out of his folder at home each night and times himself.

If parents don't have any commitment into developing a child's self-study habits and work ethic at home, Kumon probably isn't for their children, then. If you as a parent approach it positively and enthusiastically, your child can too.

I've got no connection with the center, but I highly recommend the Tung Chung Kumon center. The woman who runs it is great, and the teachers are all very conscientious and nice as far as I can tell. I'm extremely pleased with all aspects of it.

Having graduated from a university with high-speed math and science and having served as an educator most of my life, I will say I believe Kumon is definitely beneficial. There are analogies with reading; studies have shown the less children have to worry about "decoding" the more of their brainpower can be spent truly comprehending. Going forward into primary school math, the less time my child has to worry about figuring out his plusses and minuses, the more time he has to grasp the concepts behind things. He has a lot of confidence in his math right now at age 5, and he's happy doing it.

To the OP, hope you found the right choice for your child; I will say to anyone else reading this thread that Tung Chung's Kumon center has been great for my child. Don't knock Kumon until you've tried it. If you approach it right, it is an excellent foundation for future math learning, and it's side benefits of developing self-reliance and work ethic are priceless.