Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Per-natal Yoga/ Pilates

aliciadavis is offline Banned
    Has anyone used The Yoga Room?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    They are fantastic. Haven't had a chance to visit them since I came back to work, but definitely want to find time to go again!
    But you only do the Gyrotronic? If you end up going back to any of the classes, let me know--might see you there. :)
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

blessed is offline Registered User
    i went to pure for prenatal yoga for my first, and just started prenatal pilates group class at in-motion for my 2nd based on recommendation here (thanks moms!)... i'm loving it... small studio and lots of attention by the instructor.

in case you are interested in prenatal yoga the instructor is off for maternity leave so they only offer prenatal pilates at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by thanka2 View Post
    I attended pre-natal pilates here and absolutely loved it. After my daughter was born I went back to regular classes there. They also have yoga and I think pre-natal yoga (not sure about that one). They have both mat and reformer pre-natal pilates. Huge fan and I still go 1-3 times/week. :) Just such a welcoming atmosphere in that place--one of my favorite places to go. Not in Sheung Wan but definitely worth the trip to TST. Also not one of those mega-gyms--just a small, warm, friendly studio. Can't say enough good things about it.
    thanka2 likes this.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by thanka2 View Post
    But you only do the Gyrotronic? If you end up going back to any of the classes, let me know--might see you there. :)
    Yvonne does a combination of reformer work and gyro for me depending on my needs on that day. I love the circular motion of the gyro machine. Helps with my stiff spine and muscle immensely. Try it!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    Yvonne does a combination of reformer work and gyro for me depending on my needs on that day. I love the circular motion of the gyro machine. Helps with my stiff spine and muscle immensely. Try it!
    I've seen people working on the gyro machines. Unfortunately, I can't afford the private master instructor fees but would love to try it someday. You're really blessed to be able to work with Yvonne--she's great.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

gummibears is offline Registered User
    I'm a bit late here, but I just checked out the Yoga Room in Sheung Wan. The first trial class is free (with HKID), and then they have package or membership options to choose from. Found out after the trial class that there's also a joining fee (that's only waived if you sign up for a pkg that day). Nevertheless, the class was small and teacher was attentive. I really enjoyed it, and may sign up :)

RookieMom0212 is offline Registered User
    Anyone know of pre-natal pilates/yoga places on the Kowloon side? I'm considering Pure Yoga at Quarry Bay as it is the closest I've found to where I will be living (Lam Tin). Any other suggestions? I wanted to look around...

maddie is offline Registered User
    I'm going to Gecko Pre-natal Yoga at the Sanctuary on Arbuthnot Rd. The classes are great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12