Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

urgent help needed- ESF TsingYi, DMS Db and DMK for 3 yrs, which one?

2mums is offline Registered User

urgent help needed- ESF TsingYi, DMS Db and DMK for 3 yrs, which one?

thanks all. Could you please help to give some opinion on which one should my 3 years old to attend? ESF TsingYi, Discovery Montessori, or DMK? ESF seems too far and it is afternoon session, however, it would give him a priority for DC, I really like Montessori education, but I am not sure comparing with IB, which one is better? also DMK? it seems good place for kids to grow up . any comments would be greatly appreciated and I need give answer very quick to schools.

many thanks in advance!

carang is offline Registered User

i don't think attending esf kindergarten gives any kind of priority for DC, but i could be wrong.

ps> driving to tsing yi from DB only takes about 30 minutes, so it's not like it's a really long way away.

I think DC will guarantee ESF kids an interview, although, the priority is under 2 of other catalogs.
    is 30 minutes not far for a 3 years old? are there any mums send their kids to tsing yi from db? or they are all in local schools?
    is Montessori really good? does it really so different from other method or it is a myth?

it's the same length as the ferry ride.... if your kid can handle the ferry ride, then your child will be fine. 30 minutes is not too long for a 3 year old. your child will be playing and talking to friends on the bus... not sitting by him/herself with nothing to do.

i have friends who have sent kids to DMK and been happy with it though...

anyone has comment on DMS (discovery Montessori) in DB? or M vs IB? sometimes, I feel if all these 'carefulness' are important for a kid who is only 3 years old? what is the most important for a young kid? 'education' or easy life? my mind and my heart is running different ways.

only you know your child. only you can decide what is best for your child. montessori is great for some kids... others thrive in different environments.

you should go and talk to the teachers and administrators of the schools, look at the school campuses and then make a decision based on your knowledge of your child.

good luck!