Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can an expat child attend a local govt/aided primary school?

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    ICA is not Chinese, not govt/aided and not in MongKok/Olympic which are the criteria the OP was looking for.

Strange that you would suggest a school that doesn't tick any of the boxes for the OP.

Portia is offline Registered User
    @Howard - I think Flo is just trying to be helpful because in the OP's first post she suggests that she has no alternative but to send her children to a local school because she has no debentures or any way to get off a waiting list for an international school. Flo is simply pointing out that there are international schools that don't require a debenture and have places right now which might offer her an alternative.

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    I got the feeling the OP with 4 kids was on a very tight budget. No matter, schools are a headache; hope OP is able to find some decent suitable places.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    have heard PLK Camoes Tan Siu Lin is good

flo
    flo is offline Registered User
    Thanks, Portia. That's exactly my point. Since DGS was mentioned - and it's not exactly cheap at around $50,000/year, considered that you also need to spend several thousand dollars to buy text books on top of it as well.

I don't know how Maryknoll Convent runs their program. It's free if you can get a space at year 2. I know its former sister school Marymount on HK island used to offer an alternative at Year 3 for students to switch to 100% English program without Chinese - if Chinese ends up to be too difficult to follow. So Maryknoll might be similar. (These two schools used to be run by a group of nuns from Maryknoll, but the nuns at Marymount left in the early 1980s. It used to be called Maryknoll Sisters' School.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12