Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seeking for recommendations of OBGYNs who deliver at Matilda

mango2012 is offline Registered User

Seeking for recommendations of OBGYNs who deliver at Matilda

hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend name(s) of medically professional doctors, who do not push you into a c-section and speaks english? And if possible, pls provide why you recommend the dr. you suggest

Thanks

Flack is offline Registered User
    I had Dr Grace Cheung from Central Health. She delivered my first baby and is seeing me for my second pregnancy. C section has never been mentioned for either pregnancy. I am unsure if she is taking new patients on though, but the office will be able to tell you.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I recommend Grace too. Had her for my second.

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I have used Dr Philip Ho for the (natural) deliveries of my first two children and will have him again in October for my third. He is professional, kind, calm and his office is run very efficiently. He speaks excellent English. His colleague Dr Edmund Hon is also excellent and slightly less well known/busy. I have also heard positive feedback from friends who have used Dr Ghosh, Dr Grace Cheung, Dr Lucy Lord and Dr Alex Doo all of whom deliver at Matilda. I think if you use anyone of these doctors you will have a good experience. I have heard of slightly more c-sections with Dr Ghosh, but they may just be a coincidence.

Twinstar59 is offline Registered User
    Does anyone know if Dr Grace if still accepting patients? I was her patient for previous pregnancy but not sure if she will accept me again this time

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    I'm about to have my third delivery with Dr Ghosh. First two were natural. This one should be as well. He's never mentioned the word C-section to me. In fact, a friend who was pregnant went to see him years ago and said, "I hear you're pro-C-section" and he got really cross about that.

The way I hear it is that he's great with C-sections (small neat scar) and so a lot of women who want elective C-sections choose him because they hear from friends he's good. But I don't think he pushes for Caesareans at all.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Had dr Philip Ho for my first at Matilda and second at Sanatorium. Both natural delivery, no mention of c section at any point in time. He was great with me, and i will always go back to him.

LOJITT is offline Registered User
    I had Lucy Lord for my first (2010) and again for my second (due August). Her c-section rate is the lowest in Hong Kong, so she's definitely worth considering. Some people find her a little brusque- she is not chatty- but she is extremely experienced and prepared to support normal deliveries where some other Ob-Gyns aren't.

Remember that most ob-gyns will at the outset not mention C-section unless you do, but some will be only too happy to accommodate the request without question, even if no medical reason, and may start to mutter about "big babies" once you get close to term, whereas the ones with the lower c-section rates will encourage a vaginal delivery unless there's a medical reason for a c-section.

HK c-section rate is ridiculously high, so there's no point in pretending that too many Obs are too c-section happy.

Don't be afraid to ask the Obs for their stats- should be happy to provide them

Re capacity, this changes all the time, so call and ask. Nearly all Obs will take "repeat business".

HTH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast