Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Singapore with toddler for the weekend

elle is offline Registered User

Singapore with toddler for the weekend

Hiya, anyone have any recommendations on what to do with a toddler in Singapore for a weekend? Was thinking the zoo and hotel pool, but if there is anything else great for toddlers would love to hear about it. Thanks all!

Julian O'Connel is offline Registered User
    Hi Elle

We are living in SG last 3 years with our now 5 year-old. (Moving to HK in August).

Depending on the age of your toddler you might also consider a trip to the beach at East Coast Park where you can hire bikes with babyseats, A ride on the SG flyer if they are brave, a pushchair walk around the Clarke Quay riverside area (lots to look at, and bars and restaurants for yourselves), Wild wild wet waterpark, or even a little trip out to Pulau Ubin Island (catch the little ferry boat from Changi Village Pier. Bikes to hire there, lots of wildlife etc.

However.....be warned. Its usually very hot outside in the daytimes which can be uncomfortable, and it is nearly guaranteed to tip down with very heavy rain and often thunder at least once a day. So dress accordingly and bring an umbrella!

What area are you going to be staying in?

Hope this helps

elle is offline Registered User
    Thank you Julian, all great ideas to chose from that I would have missed without your advice. Kid is only 2, but loves bike rides and boats and if possible we would like to try the Singapore Flyer.

Staying at Fullerton Bay hotel.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ilovemadagascar is offline Registered User
    I was in Singapore with my 2 y/o neice and she loved the waterpark Wild Wild Wet. It's very toddler friendly and great if your kid loves swimming (which my neice does). We also took her for a bike ride in East Coast which is v nice.

Also try Vivocity mall- it's the largest mall in Singapore and has a nice outdoor area on the roof with water fountains kids are always playing with, an outdoor playground, baby changing rooms etc, and opposite the Starbucks there's a wicked children's play centre.

If you're going to the zoo you might also want to try the Night Safari which is kid friendly.

Portia is offline Registered User
    Hmmm - I've been told by a friend (also a mum) to avoid the Flyer and similar rides (whether in London or S'pore or anywhere else) simply because if your little one doesn't like it, you can't get off and then you will be trapped with a complaining toddler!

Julian O'Connel is offline Registered User
    Your welcome Elle.

The Fullerton Hotel is in the perfect location, for strolling riverside, up to Clarke Quay - in fact they have a little riverboat service that will take you up there, right at the back of the Fullerton. The little one might enjoy that too.

Also one other glaring admission on my part - Sentosa! (Probably the biggest tourist draw in SG!!) which I completely forgot about...

One of the posters above mentioned Vivo City. Thats more or less the entrance to Sentosa island. You can take a monorail from there over to the island itself or taxi straight from your hotel if you prefer..

They have a series of beaches there which are family fun, as well as Resorts World, Aquarium, Dolphinarium and a few historical and other attractions.

I recall one of the better beaches there for the little one is called 'Palawan' - there is a little water park, and restaurant area there which even small toddlers enjoy. Its all quite safe and contained. There is a little electric 'train' which will bring you along the seafront from the monorail station.

Anyway good luck with the trip and enjoy your stay in SG.

PS Great Champagne Brunch in the Fullerton on sunday afternoons if you fancy treating yourselves.

Regards

Julian

Ureshii3 is offline Registered User
    East Coast Park is great for bike rides & picnic It is also a popular place for having seafood at night

For boat rides, there r Singapore riverboat cruises, Ducktours, 2 1/2hr Imperial Cheng Ho Cruise(to Kusu Island) etc all pretty accessible from your hotel The Marina Barrage which is also nearby, has water fountains which are popular with water-loving kids at the ground area And up the roof area is gd for kite flying/picnic/stroll

If u have time, the Skypark at Marina Bay Sands has a pretty good city view There is gondola ride within the hotel, but not sure if they sing like the Venetian's(Macau) It is also within easy reach from your hotel Enjoy your trip:)

satay sue is offline Registered User
    When you go to the zoo, pack your child's swimsuit and towel as there's a great little waterpark kind of halfway round which is fab for cooling off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast