Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Sunshine House Kindergarten Tung Chung/Clearwater Bay

santafey is offline Registered User

Sunshine House Kindergarten Tung Chung/Clearwater Bay

Hi,
    Does anyone have any personal experience with Sunshine Hse in Tung Chung and Clearwater Bay? I have read more negative comments than positive in this forum and others but many were from many years ago. My daughter has been accepted at this school and now I am wondering if I should send her there. I am more interested in how the teachers treat the children as this will be my daughters first experience in a school environment. She will starting K1. I have heard about the high turnover of staff, teachers scolding the children, surely not (the latter). I have visited the school but you just can't rely on a 10 minute tour of the school.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

wishkiez is offline Registered User
    hi santafey

I'm in similar boat to you. My son has been accepted at Sunshine House to start pre-school from thsi Sept but read more nagativeds than positives on Geo forums.

Have you had any more feedback elsewhere that you could share with me please? Just concerned if I'm making the right choice for my son's first school experience...

Any feedback would be most appreciated!

lydiahall80 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I know this was posted a long time ago but I wanted to tell you about my great experience with Sunshine House. I have a three year old son in their Clearwater Bay Campus and he is really loving it and so am I! Everyday he comes home telling me stories of what he has been up to in his day. He really loves his class teacher, and from my point of view the small classes are great for him. The teachers seem to really care about each child and you get the feeling that every child matters. I know some of my friends in other KG's have found that their child is just a number and that the teachers don't take the time to get to know the child.

I find the curriculum at Sunshine really works. They focus on learning through play and making learn fun and part of life as opposed to learning in order to pass exams. It's made it much easier to get my son interested in learning (maybe because he is a boy, he used to never be that interested) but these days he is really into finding out things, whether that be by asking me to read more to him or just being more inquisitive. I am really looking forward to my 13 month year old joining the Nursery programme as well. It really is a great place!

papa2b is offline Registered User
    My daughter did Pre-K in Tung Chung before going to ESF for K1 and my son is currently in the playgroup. My daughter really enjoyed her time at Sunshine House and the teacher that she had was very caring and engaged with the kids.

I guess it all depends on which class you're assigned in to and how the teacher is. The teacher my daughter had has been there for 3 years and is still there currently.

Jomama is offline Registered User
    My son went to Sunshine house Tung Chung last summer for playgroup (at 1.5 years of age) and our experience had been positive. Perhaps it's because it's summer course, discipline is kind of loose, and everything was just fun fun fun. However, the teacher (a kind grandmother type lady) taught the children many old nursery rhymes and traditional fairy tales, which i thought was great.

I do have friends whose child when to the nursery class by himself (2 year old class) but he had separation problem and had to go back to playgroup instead. I am not sure if it was just a regular situation or school specific, but how the adults handled it astounded me... (both the parents and the school)...