Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Mothers health

keninhk is offline Registered User
    Love all the comments and special thank you to 'thanka2' sharing. I showed my wife this insightful thread.

We are extremely close now (This week) and probably my first time that I am getting nervously excited... Woke up at 2am and posted a few more random questions that I have now! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile
    thanka2 likes this.

Just to try to answer a few points raised.

Unsure if my MiL had PPD. Would there still be signs today? From my perspective, we have a healthy 'disagreement' on raising a child, which stems from a generational gap. I will try my approach first to get the learnings.

Certainly will look for those particular signs and will seek the professionals in the first instance of observing those symptoms.

We, more her than me... plan to try brestfeeding. I do plan on being as supportive as possible on this topic and milk formula will be subsituted necessary.

Cooking, cleaning and feeding the wife has been a duty for longer than the pregnancy anyway. Not too worried here, I'm pretty housetrained!

kacoak is offline Registered User

Daddy books

My husband said I was 'crazy' the first year of our daughter's life. Seems to ring true with the second baby as well. It may that take long for the hormones to stabilize and for a new mum to settle in comfortably in her new shoes. He read the following two books which he finds really helpful:

- The Expectant Father: Facts, Tips, and Advice for Dads-to-Be
    - The New Father: A Dad's Guide to the First Year

Author is Armin A. Brott.

All the best!

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by keninhk View Post
    Just to try to answer a few points raised.

Unsure if my MiL had PPD. Would there still be signs today? From my perspective, we have a healthy 'disagreement' on raising a child, which stems from a generational gap. I will try my approach first to get the learnings.

Certainly will look for those particular signs and will seek the professionals in the first instance of observing those symptoms.

We, more her than me... plan to try brestfeeding. I do plan on being as supportive as possible on this topic and milk formula will be subsituted necessary.

Cooking, cleaning and feeding the wife has been a duty for longer than the pregnancy anyway. Not too worried here, I'm pretty housetrained!

It totally sounds like you are doing all the right things and that you really care about your wife and child, which is the most important thing. Just remember that while your wife may not have PPD, she will almost certainly have mood swings and be totally exhausted for a couple months at least. I've always had a very demanding job and thought taking care of a baby in lieu of working would be not so bad - how wrong I was. Our child didn't sleep well from day one and I was up every few hours, around the clock, without help from my husband (he never even changed a single diaper). I was so exhausted that I barely felt human for months. The feeling of complete exhaustion for weeks was terrible. Having someone to share the work with the baby (and who recognized how exhausted I was) would have made all the difference in the world.

@Kacoak, totally identifying with ur husband. There have been some wtf moments in the first month! Though, I guess that frequency has not been as bad as I been bracing for.

Thanks for those book recommendation. Will look further when needed.

Baby is hilarious. Mum is recovering well, hoping almost fully recovered.

Thanks all respondees on this thread. Been most helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12