Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Activities in Mandarin

Summer 2012 is offline Registered User

Red face Activities in Mandarin

Do you know any sports or art activities lesson in Mandarin in HK island?
    My kid is learning Mandarin, but at the same time, I want her to do activities by using Mandarin. She is now 5 years old.

Thanks!!!

littlemini is offline Registered User
    My girl goes to Florenda Mandarin every Friday for a drama course. They are at Wyndham Street.

Summer 2012 is offline Registered User
    Thank you little mini!!
    I will check this out!

crew is offline Registered User
    My son is going to Jungleroo for art classes and Mandarin class. He likes it very much. For the mandarin class, they have classes for a national mandarin assessment test, and classes for conversational mandarin and learning Chinese proverbs. You should check it out. It is a Coda Plaza, Macdonell Road.

lost is offline Registered User
    My LO has been going to Jungleroo too for the Mandarin playgroups. She enjoys them a lot as the teacher makes the class very lively and engaging, not just rote learning. There is a big jungle area where they do the circle time and other activities there - my LO loves running around the area. Class sizes are quite small so the teacher is able to give more individual attention which I like. I know they have some classes for older children so you might want to take a look.

crew is offline Registered User
    Hello lost, is your girl attending the mandarin playgroup, story classes, or the GASPK classes? I agree that the teacher is very engaging and supportive. My son comes home every time with some Mandarin that impresses me.

lost is offline Registered User
    hi crew - she's still young so only the playgroup classes are relevant... would be cool if she could attend the story classes (but too young now) cos I want her to get more exposure to Chinese culture and appreciate the language better. haven't seen a lot of places offer such courses - most just focus on the language.

kacoak is offline Registered User
    My daughter goes to Mandarin Town's summer camp (Coda Plaza, 10th floor). Last week the theme was Chinese papercutting, this week Chinese calligraphy. Every week is different, and you can enroll weekly (instead of the whole summer).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast