Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

ESF Swimming

peainpod is offline Registered User

ESF Swimming

Has anyone got any recent experience with ESF swimming that they'd like to share? My 4 yo is currently with Harry Wright (Beginner 1) and we are thinking of switching to ESF Frog SW2 (South Island school), mainly because we are really disappointed with the new coach he has for the Harry Wright class.

I did come across another thread on this but it's a couple of years old, and I was wondering if the problems with ESF mentioned in that post are now rectified?

Thanks!

rani is offline Administrator
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

I've been doing ESF swimming for 4 years now with my 3 kids. We've been generally happy, hence we stuck around, but it has its ups & down and does depend on the teacher. Most of them are quite good, some excellent, we've had 1 or 2 I didn't really get (they're no longer there either). They've improved quite a bit the past 1-2 years, more transparency on progress and we've been quite happy with the progress they have made. A few changes with coaches, etc. it's definitely gotten better.

Frog does sound like the right level. Mine were close to 5 when the started and we put them in SW3 (they could do the basics), and they have both moved on from there (now SW4 and SW5).

peainpod is offline Registered User

Thanks for the feedback. My concern is that, like Harry Wright, their programs (esp on weekends) are already oversubscribed and I won't be able to get a spot. But I just spoke with their office and it looks like we should be able to get a decent spot for Sat at South Island.

Btw, it looks like they are renovating the South Island pool facilities? I was booking their summer sports camp and it looks like swimming is only offered in August but not July because of renos.