Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Am I stuck with my OBGYN?

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by SLPmom View Post
    I will continue to call every doctor I can find but I think I may just have to move home :/
    An alternate suggestion : call (or visit) the hospital itself and ask them if they have a good doctor to recommend and a bed at the same time. Many of the private hospitals will have a list. Try Canossa, Sanitorium, StPauls and many more. Matilda is a busy&expensive place but certainly not the only place...

Complicated pregnancy == popular doctor : I dont see why you should equate the 2. Not knowing your complication, I cannot say for sure, but in general, complicated cases are better handled at the public hospitals.

As for leaving home : That sounds like stress doing the talking. In between the doctor and hospital calls, consider some massage and/or pampering session of some sort so you can relax a bit. Relaxation is good for mummy and baby.

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    If it is any help, here is a list of obgens from my healthcare provider here. We used Dr Jennie Ng for my wifes ante-natal checks and delivery and she was fine - professional, experienced and competent

Dr. Tsui Hang Yuet Michelle 徐行悅醫生
    MBBS(Queensland), FHKCOG, MRCOG, FHKAM(Obs
    & Gynae)
    Premier Medical Centre
    Suite 707, 718-733, Central Building, 1-3 Pedder
    Street, Central
    中環畢打街1-3號中建大厦7樓707, 718-733室
    Tel: 3723-3098

Dr. So Wai Ki William 蘇偉基醫生
    MB BS (HK), FHKCOG, FRCOG, FHKAM(Obs &
    Gynae)
    Premier Medical Centre
    Suite 707, 718-733, Central Building, 1-3 Pedder
    Street, Central
    中環畢打街1-3號中建大厦7樓707, 718-733室
    Tel: 3723-3098

Dr. Ferguson Sally 方莎莉醫生
    MB BS(Ncle), MRCOG, FHKAM(O&G)
    Owens, Trodd & Partners
    Room 1501 - 1503, Shui On Centre, 8 Harbour Road,
    Wanchai
    灣仔港灣道8號瑞安中心1501-1503室
    Tel: 2824-9112

Dr. Chan Leung Kwok Clement 陳亮國醫生
    MBBS (HK), FHKCOG (HK), FRANZCOG, FRCOG,
    MD (Singapore), FHKAM(O&G)
    Room 702, Manning House, 38 Queen's Road
    Central, Central
    中環皇后大道中38號萬年大廈702室
    Tel: 3113-3232

Dr. Cheung Cheuk Yuen Catherine 張灼源醫生
    MB BS(HK), FRCOG(UK), MRCOG(Eng),
    FHKAM(O&G)
    Rm 1203, Cosco Tower, Grand Millennium Plaza,
    183 Queen's Road Central, Sheung Wan
    上環皇后大道中183號新紀元廣場中遠大廈1203室
    Tel: 2545-3333

Dr. Ng Ching Wah Jennie 伍菁華醫生
    MBBS (HK), FHKCOG, MRCOG, FHKAM(O&G)
    Room 1318, Melbourne Plaza, 33 Queen's Road,
    Central
    中環皇后大道中33號萬邦行1318室
    Tel: 2523-6888

Dr. Tang Yuen Chiu 鄧遠釗醫生
    MBBS (HK), FHKCOG, FRACOG, MRCOG,
    FHKAM(O&G)
    Room 801, Hang Shing Bldg., 363-373 Nathan Road,
    Yau Ma Tei
    油麻地彌敦道363 - 373號恆成大廈801室
    Tel: 2780-0655, 2740-9225

Dr. Chai Hei Lam Anita 蔡曦琳醫生
    MB BS (HK), MHKCOG, MRCOG, FHKAM(O&G)
    Ken Lee Medical Centre (Central)
    仲堅醫療中心 (中環)
    Room 1103-4, Melbourne Plaza, 33 Queen's Road
    Central, Central
    中環皇后大道中33號萬邦行1103-4室
    Tel: 2787-0221

Ken Lee Medical Centre
    仲堅醫療中心
    Room 1825-1827, Argyle Centre Phase 1,688
    Nathan Road, Mongkok
    旺角彌敦道688號旺角中心第1期1825-1827室
    Tel: 2787-0222

Dr. Poddar Nises Chandra 布特理醫生
    MB BS(Calcutta), D Obst RCOG(Eng), FRCOG,
    MRCOG, FHKAM(O&G)
    Owens, Trodd & Partners
    5/F, Century Square, 1D' aguilar Street, Central
    中環德己立街1號世紀廣場5樓
    Tel: 2521-3181

elle is offline Registered User
    I may be missing something because I only skimmed the thread, but have you been told that you cannot transfer your hospital booking? I switched OBs at 18 weeks or something because my first doctor had a holiday scheduled that would likely have been during my delivery. I found another doctor who delivered at Matilda and they were able to transfer the booking for me, no problem. This was in 2010 so maybe Matilda's policies have changed?

Anyway, agree with others. Your doctor sounds awful and uncaring and I would make a change. A couple of the incidents you noted are also likely sanctionable offenses if reported to the medical board here (not that you need the added stress of course).

Hope it all works out and all the best.

elle is offline Registered User
    ps. Try Dr. May Mok at the Women's Clinic in Central as she has privileges at several hospitals, but is a newer doctor in HK (and pricey) so somewhat less in demand. Also call Sanatarium and Adventist directly. I have friends who found beds through hospital refereals to doctors.
    Last edited by elle; 06-15-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Anilegna is offline Registered User
    Also I would strongly recommend the Women's Clinic's Dr May Mok. I'm also pretty sure she could get you into Matilda.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    12weeks is not too late. From my experience though...(delivered at Matilda, sanatorium and Adventist and had two kids in QMH NICU unit with problems) if you will definitely have a problem pregnancy I would have the kid at QMH, then Sanatorium...they have the best medical equipment to handle complicated pregnancies. My first born at Matikda needed to b sent to QMH cause Matilda didn't have the life saving machine for my daughter. Perhaps you can ask your OBgYn now to write you a referral to get into QMH private section, or you could go see DR Ferguson and have her write you one...since she can't deliver now in HK at all I'm sure it'd be what she would be expecting anyways. 12wks is not too late if youre flexible about the hospital. At the end of the day you just want someone who can handle complicated pregnancies well, right? Safety of the baby first in my opinion.

matemate is offline Registered User
    Since you have a wished-for booking at Matilda, check here for their doctors http://www.matilda.org/en/doctorlist. Anyone that is not on this list, cannot get you a booking there.

When you visit each doctor, check where you are on the doctors waiting list. If you are within the top10 that is not yet confirmed, you are likely to get a confirmed slot at Matilda.

The other option is to stick it out with the current doctor until you have a confirmed booking and then make the switch. I would make that decision once again depending on where you are on the waiting list for your current doctor.

Last but not least, you could also go for your regular checks to another doctor and see your current doctor only every now and then until you have the confirmed booking from Matilda. And then switch

On a separate note, did you already get a rejection letter from Matilda? From our recent experience and a few friends, it seems typical nowadays that one gets first a rejection letter around 12 weeks and then a confirmation letter later on. The timing of the confirmation letter seems to be dependent on where you are on the doctor's wait list.

SLPmom is offline Registered User
    Thank you so much for all these helpful suggestions. We actually just got accepted to Matilda last night. I am going to head over there to make the deposit and to find out if once paid I have the option to switch doctors. If not, I'm not sure what I will do because a 20k deposit is not something I am financially comfortable to lose.

That said, if I cant switch, it seems from the previous posts I shouldn't have trouble getting a spot at another hospital, which I will have to confirm to be accurate. If only I'd realized about this dragon year baby stuff I think I'd have waited another year!

Thanks everyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast